Dry Bulk Yeast vs. Yeast Packets

Hi,
Does anyone know how much yeast is in a packet? I have bulk yeast but forget how many teaspoons or tablespoons are in a packet. So many recipes call for packets.
Thanks,
Susan

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

It's 2 1/4 teaspoons. :)

2-1/4 teaspoons equal 1 packet.

Resalee

Susan,

what is equal to the packet yeast is 2 1/4 teaspoon or 1/4 oz. Hope this helps. Beverly in Arkansas.

on the average there's is aproximately 2 tsp in a package of dry yeast...I have found a few that actually have 2 and 1/4 tsp but that is more or less a 50:50 occurance....Mary (Magicsmom) from Tennessee

PS: If you're using a Bread Machine you could use the following guide lines;

for one pound loaf use 1tsp

for one and half use 1 1/2 tsp

and for a two pound loaf use 1 and 3/4 tsp

of the bulk yeast ....when I decide not to use my Bread Machine I use the above formulas and my loafs actually turn out really nice.

2 and 1/2 tsps to one packet of yeast. I do it all the time.Denise. I see everyone else says 2 and 1/4 tsps. Maybe they are right!!!

"A 1/4 -ounce packet of active dry yeast contains approximately 2-1/2 teaspoons; the measurement will not be exact as yeast is packaged according to weight rather than volume. A packet of yeast is sufficient to raise 4 cups, approximately 1-pound, of flour." From the Red Star Yeast website

I have found that the two and a half tsp is fine - give or take an amount of yeast in a recipe does not affect the rising; I make 4 loaves of wheat bread at once and I use about 7 tsp yeast - give or take. Seems fine always.

www.foodsubs.com/LeavenYeast.html

2 1/4 t.

Answer

Yeast for Baking
Buying and Using Yeast for Baking
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingMarch 28, 2005
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Package of Ramen Noodles
Uses for Ramen Seasoning Packets
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 26, 2016 at 3:06:36 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 403 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.