Thread Color Suggestions for Cross Stitch Project

I need thread color suggestions for blue eyes and light colored red hair. I am making something for "A". Her eyes are light blue and her hair is light orange/red. Any suggestions?

By Jackie from Millport, AL

You could look at cross stitch pattern books to see what color they use for blue eyes. Another suggestion is to take a picture of the person to the store with you and try to match up the hair and eye colors with the picture.

Here is an online chart that I have used to compare colors to what I already had on hand. If you don't already have any colors that you like, I agree with Fortunately to look at other patterns via online or check with your local library. They always use several colors to make a nice blend.

You can click on the picture for a close up. I'm sure there are more colors available in the stores, but this chart has been handy at times.

Crafts Needlework Cross StitchAugust 16, 2010
Cross Stitch
Finding Cross Stitch Patterns
Cross Stitch Pattern
Resizing a Cross Stitch Pattern
Cross Stitch Supplies
Organizing Cross Stitch Supplies
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes