Finding Cross Stitch Patterns

Category Cross Stitch
Cross stitch is a popular form of embroidery that often incorporates text and images into the overall pattern that is created using small cross stitches. This is a guide about finding cross stitch patterns.

Sometimes trying to find a pattern to use for creating a cross stitched project incorporating a poetic phrase can be difficult, especially if you are unsure of the actual wording or source. This is a guide about "A Message From Heaven" cross-stitch pattern.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A cross stitch decoration makes a fantastic baby shower gift that can be displayed in the new baby's room. This is a guide about making a baby shower cross stitch poem gift.

Finding the layout for specific cross stitch patterns can prove difficult at times. This is a guide about cross stitch pattern "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow".

Cross stitch is a popular embroidery style that often incorporates poems and images into the overall pattern using small cross stitches. This is a guide about "If tears could build a stairway..." cross stitch pattern.

I am looking for a cross stitch verse, that starts with the line 'All to myself I think of you, think of the things we used to do...' Can anybody help me find the rest?

Kathrine from United Kingdom

Answers

By (Guest Post)

I did find this on a poetry website...
"All To Myself" Author Unknown
All to myself I think of you

Think of the things we used to do

Think of the things we used to say

Think of each happy yesterday.

Sometimes I sigh, Sometimes I smile

But I keep each olden, golden while

all to myself.

http://students  roject/poems.htm

By (Guest Post)

This comes from a book titled: The Dead Man's Room

In this book, it says:
The sampler with its embrodered carriage--
its colorful Victorian couple who hope or hoped
once for marriage, and its message:
All to myself I think of you
Think of the things we used to do.
Sometimes I sign, sometimes I smile
But I keep each olden, golden while
All to myself.

By Damselfly (Guest Post)

"All To Myself" Author Unknown
All to myself I think of you
Think of the things we used to do

Think of the things we used to say
Think of each happy yesterday.
Somtimes I sigh, Somtimes I smile
But I keep each olden, golden while
all to myself.

By Jayne (Guest Post)

All to myself I think of you.
Think of the things we used to do.
Think of the things we used to say.
Think of each happy yesterday.
Sometimes I sigh, sometimes I smile.
But I keep each olden, golden while
all to myself.

I am looking for a pattern of a horse and foal in counted cross stitch, preferably 10x10 minimum size. I would consider a kit, but prefer just the pattern.

I am looking for a cross stitch pattern of a teacup. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Leona from St. Paul, Alberta

Answers

I'm not sure if there's a teacup pattern at this site....but all of the patterns are free and they've also got other links for more free cross stitch patterns. Hope you find one!

http://www.free  /xspatterns2.htm

You might try this website. Hundreds of patterns all free. You have to register but there are no fees.

Click here: FreePatterns.com - Join Now
http://www.free  ml?source=021FRP

Free patterns for Knitting, Crochet, Quilting and more, just for signing up.

I don't have a cross-stitch pattern for you, but for teacup lovers, there's a great knitting pattern for actual teacups and saucers in "Unexpected Knitting," a beautiful book by Debbie New, Schoolhouse Press, Pittsville, WI, 2003. Her book is filled with new, very creative knitting techniques and patterns.

By melissa (Guest Post)

www.DMC-USA.com has free patterns. There is one that is of three teacups but you could just seperate and use the one you want.

By Veronica (Guest Post)

Why not make your own pattern?

One method I can think of would be to take a photo and get it into the computer. Then reduce the size so that the pixels become big compared to the whole picture (just like the boxes on a cross-stitch pattern).

and reduce the number of colours to a more manageable number (one that you can match with yarn that you already own). Then you may need to remove some uneven bits and just generally smooth the whole thing out a bit. Then you could combine it with a border from some other pattern (or make your own).

I am looking for a cross stitch pattern for the saying: "to you they are animals." or "If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture." I hope someone can help me out. Thanks.

By Susan from GA

Does anyone have a cross stitch pattern with the following saying:

Dance as though no one is watching you.
Love as though you have never been hurt.

Sing as though no one can hear you.
Live as though Heaven is on earth.

Thanks.

By Barbara from San Jose del Cabo, BCS

I'm looking for a cross stitch pattern for a newborn baby girl. I'd like to have bears, balloons, or any cute baby design for the top of the picture. I'd like to stitch her name, birthdate, weight, and length under the design.

By jean julian from MN

Answers

Here's a nice looking site that has quite a few things on it.

www.allcrafts.net/needle

Has anyone seen a cross stitch pattern or print anywhere with the saying "Having children is like being pecked to death by a duck"? A friend and I saw a print at a craft fair a year or so ago and we would like to see if we can get them. I really don't care if they are cross stitch or whatever. I just really would like to get the saying in print. I would like it to be sort of primitive/folk art looking. Thank you.

By Donna from Modena, NY

Answers

Could you just print the saying off the computer?

Anonymous

I have seen cross stitch books with various kinds of alphabets in them, so if you can't find the pattern you want, you might consider making your own.

How about:
http://www.ogun  d-attitudes.html

or http://www.amer  -p/rpmm2778p.htm

Hope that helps! Cathy

Do you have a pattern for the poem "I'm rocking my baby"?

Katie from Saffell, AR

Answers

I hope my children look back on today,
And see a Mother who had time to play!
Children grow up while you're not looking,
There'll be years ahead for cleaning and cooking,
So quiet now, cobwebs; dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
unknown author

I also found this:
...The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

from "Song for a Fifth Child" by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Leisure Arts put out a leaflet with a cross stitch sampler with this poem on it. It has mother in a rocking chair rocking a baby in the lower left corner. Check their website or email me, I will try and dig it up from my stash for u.

I completed this particular kit when my nephew was born. That was 33 years ago. He has just recently become a new daddy and I would really appreciate locating this pattern so that I can make another one for his precious new daughter. Can anyone help me?

By Carol

Does anyone have the state counted cross stitch patterns for Virginia and Maryland which were designed by Betty Haddad Shelton and distributed by Janlynn? I have made 6 of them and another military move is on the horizon.
Thanks!

By Kathy from TX

Looking for the pattern kit or pattern of "Babies Don't Keep". Help.

Sheila D.

I'm looking for a cross-stitch pattern with an exasperated looking woman, a fairy godmother, and the saying "I've had it with reality, where's my fairy godmother?"

Gwen from Elizabethtown, KY

Answers

Did you try ebay yet? It'd be a start. I know that many cross stitch patterns are auctioned off.

Try the website, 123stitch.com. It has a forum and the people there may be able to help you. It is my favorite cross stich site!
Mara

I am looking for a "Now I lay me down to sleep" children's prayer cross stitch kit that my mother made me when I was born. It was either bought at Leewards or Mary Maxim. It is pink with farm animals. It must be the stamped kind, as I cannot complete the counted kind. It is about 8x10. Please help.

Thanks!
Julie from Orlando, FL

Answers

Try stores like Walmart or even your craft stores as I have seen them before good luck

By serenity (Guest Post)

one place to check that also has other good links is http://www.free  ernsonline.com/. it's pretty hard to find the stamped ones these days, but you could get someone to transfer the design to the fabric with a thin marker for you. good luck!

I'm looking for a counted cross stitch pattern of anything to do with the sport of bowling, pins, ball, etc. Does anyone know where I can find one? I would like to get a downloaded one online if possible. Thank you.

I have a ditto of some cross stitch patterns from several years ago. These are small, maybe 30/40 patterns for "feed bags" with flour, salt, sugar, coffee, horse feed on them. I only have 7 of the patterns, and am trying to figure out where the patterns came from. Do these sound familiar to anyone?

By Chris

I'm looking for the pattern "The Old Well of UNC.

By Linda

Does anyone know who the designer of a stamped cross stitch pattern kit called, " I Hope My Children Look Back on Today" was? I have been trying to find this out for awhile with no luck.

By Kate R.

I'm looking for a cross-stitch pattern of a Swedish hymn "Children of the Heavenly Father" in Swedish with the musical notes. Any suggestions?

By Brenda

I am looking for several cross stitch school bus patterns. I hope you can help. Thanks.

Barbara

I would like to find Anne Fitzgerald's "Dear God Kids" cross-stitch pattern book #5086. I have some of the patterns, but not all of them. Is there anyway I can purchase this book again? Thank you.

Connie

Load More