Making a Baby Shower Cross Stitch Poem Gift?

It's been more than a few years since I've attended a baby shower and I recall a poem that was crossed stitched for one of my friends 20+ years ago. I can't remember it and I am hoping that someone maybe able to help me. It was about allowing the "dust and cobwebs can wait" (I think...), babies don't wait and grow up too quickly but "housework can wait".

Sound familiar to anyone? As I've been asked to attend a baby shower soon, I would like to be able to cross-stitch it as a gift. I hope someone may remember where I might be able to find this sweet verse.

Thank you!
Doreen from Nova Scotia

Answers

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Babies Don't keep
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
For babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow.
So Quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

Dolly _ Schweb @ telus. net

Doreen, is this your poem?

Cooking and cleaning can wait till tomorrow 'cause babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow, so settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

Isn't that the cutest thing you ever heard? That will be nice cross stitched as a gift.

It's possible that Mary Maxim catalog might have it; otherwise, go to a craft store and look in all of their catalogs.

That's it! Thanks to both of you!
Cheers!
Doreen

Crafts SewingApril 3, 2017
😷
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf24426213.tip.html