Removing Grout from Mosaic Tiles

My first mosaic has too much dried grout on the tiles. Any suggestions on how to remove?

Pam from Flager Beach, FL

There is an acid that works. I would go to a tilestore or a big box store and ask them the name of the acid to remove grout from tiles. Be careful using any acid product.

Thanks. I tried a little vineger and it works too. I think I will stick w/ the less hazardous one for now.

You may have to use a flat edged screw driver or a spoon to scrap it off. It won't damage the tile and you should get a clean edge that way.

-Lee in FL

Take a FULLY wet towel an let it sit over night. Make sure it is wet enough that the towel will still be wet by morning. You should be able to scrub the excess grout off with a scotch bright pad at that point.

Crafts AdviceFebruary 19, 2009
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 11:49:50 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.