Hot Caramel Dumplings

Dumplings:

• 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Sauce:

• 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1/8 tsp. salt

Directions:

Mix all sauce ingredients in a large saucepan and let come to a boil while preparing dumpling mix.

For dumplings: Mix dry ingredients together. Cut in butter, add milk and vanilla to mix. Drop by rounded spoonfuls into boiling sauce. Boil lightly over low heat 10 minutes without removing lid. Remove from heat and serve while warm.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I can't wait to try caramel dumplings.

I make fruit juice dumplins a lot. I use fruit juice saved from cans of fruit I open and when I get enough, I make these. The juice should be put in a glass jar or plastic with lid but it will keep a couple of weeks as you add more to it. My usual combo is peach, pear and fruit cocktail juice because that is what we eat. We only use the fruit in it's own juice but it probably wouldn't matter, just be sweeter or you could cut back on the sugar in the recipe. I also use self rising flour instead of the plain and just leave out the baking powder and salt.

This sounds yummy but Robin failed to put how much butter for the dumpling part of the recipe.There is some in the sauce recipe so is that what should have been included in the dumplings? Mother

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts PastriesJanuary 25, 2010
Making Carmel Covered Apples
Making Carmel Covered Apples
Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Dumplings Recipes
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎄
🍂