Quick and Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and dumplings is a hearty meal that your whole family will love. Here's a great quick and easy chicken and dumplings
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a $5.00 meal that's ready in 20 minutes!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 1/4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 14 oz cans chicken broth
- 2 10 oz cans chunk chicken, drained
- In a medium bowl, mix the Bisquick mix and milk just until it pulls together, set aside.
- Pour the cans of chicken broth and chunk chicken in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once the broth is at a steady boil, take a handful of Bisquick dough and flatten it with your hand. Tear off 1 to 2 inch pieces and drop them into the boiling broth. Make sure they are fully immersed. Once all of the dough is in the pot, carefully stir so that the newest dough clumps get covered in the broth. Cover, and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
March 2, 20140 found this helpful
I planned on chicken and dumplings for dinner this week! Thank you for the recipe. Instead of Bisquick, I add the canned biscuits slicing them in sections and dropping them in. I will switch it up and add Bisquick this time.
February 26, 20140 found this helpful
I make a soup very similar to this, except I add a bag of frozen mixed vegetables. Fast, easy, and tasty!