Controlling Flyaway Hair Without Using Hair Gel

I have little flyaways poking up in the middle of my scalp. How do I get rid of them without using hair gels?

By Amy from Kansas City, MO

If your hair is on the dry side, try lotioning your hands, rubbing it in fairly well, then using them to smooth down the hair. That should leave just enough lotion on your hair to tame the flyaways a bit.

Try using a dryer sheet. You can use it over and over again. I keep one in a drawer with my hair brush. You can also just rub it through the brush if you don't want to apply it directly to your hair.

I use wash out conditioner after I towel dry my hair. I use a pea sized amount and rub it on the ends, this keeps the frizzies from coming after it dries.

Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips WomenAugust 9, 2010
Hand Scooping Out Homemade Hair Gel
Homemade Hair Gel Recipes
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink