Getting Over-Plucked Eyebrows to Grow Back

Category Women
Over-plucking of your eyebrows can result in patchy thin or bald spots. This is a guide about getting over-plucked eyebrows to grow back.

I have over-plucked my eyebrows for years. Now I have bald spots. Every so often they begin to grow back nicely. I have totally quit plucking, but they seem to be falling out. I may be using too much liner on them. What can I do?

I read where Castor oil helps. Is this true? I have tried Vaseline and it worked OK. I am tired of having to pencil in and look weird when I get in the pool. Please help.

By Sparkiechik from Wetumpka, AL

Answers

Best Answer

Try Rogaine for Women on your eyebrows. It helps, but you must keep it up or the regrowth will stop. The stuff is runny, so you must dab a little on with your finger tip and watch to see if it will run into your eyes ( which, of course, you don't want it in your eyes.) Let it dry in place. Do it in the morning and at bedtime. Read the fine print since it is a real pharmaceutical and might have side effects.

Best Answer

Hi Dawn, If as the other responses have stated, your eyebrows don't grow back I might have a suggestion. I was looking for false eyelashes on the internet and I saw that they sell something similar for eyebrows. I think they are mostly used by chemotherapy patients, but what the heck. Eyelashes, fingernails whatever works. Merlene

Best Answer

I have heard that using those products sold in drugstores for hair loss (minoxidil) works. Apply it to the brows with a Q-tip. It's worth a try.

Any proven home remedies to make your eyebrows grow back quicker and thicker? I've over-plucked for several years now, but I'd like to let them grow back in thicker (if that's still possible). Thanks for your suggestions.

Dawn from Johnstown, PA

Answers:

Hi Dawn! There's a good chance that you won't be able to grow your eyebrows back in the plucked areas. As the hair is pulled out, often the hair follicle is injured or destroyed preventing growth of the hair in that spot. That's one of the reasons it's strongly recommended not to over pluck. (12/04/2008)

By Luvyabye

Try Rogaine for Women on your eyebrows. It helps, but you must keep it up or the regrowth will stop. The stuff is runny, so you must dab a little on with your finger tip and watch to see if it will run into your eyes (which, of course, you don't want it in your eyes.) Let it dry in place. Do it in the morning and at bedtime. Read the fine print since it is a real pharmaceutical and might have side effects. (12/08/2008)

By Elder Lady

If as the other responses have stated, your eyebrows don't grow back I might have a suggestion. I was looking for false eyelashes on the internet and I saw that they sell something similar for eyebrows. I think they are mostly used by chemotherapy patients, but what the heck. Eyelashes, fingernails, whatever works. (12/10/2008)

By Merlene

Well, I decided to try Castor Oil (after researching this tip online) and my eyebrows are filling in pretty nicely. I'll keep using it and give you guys an update in a few weeks. Thanks to everyone who responded!

Merry Christmas! (12/15/2008)

By dawnrager

If it were me, I'd take multi-vitamins/minerals along with a supplement of Biotin and Zinc. Horsetail isn't as reliable.

God bless and help then grow. (12/15/2008)

By Lynda

I over plucked since I was 16, they were so bad when I was 21, I had semi permanent makeup which looked worse than penciling them in. I'm now 27 and although I'm not so "pluck" happy they only grew back sparse and patchy until I heard of Biotin supplements and caster oil. I have taken Biotin for 3 weeks now and it is like a miracle, hairs growing where there have been none for years. I also dab a little caster oil on at night and massage the area with the back of my electric tooth brush (weird, I know), but the extra stimulation helps to stimulate growth, too.

My brows are getting fuller every day for the first time in years and my family and boyfriend have noticed. They say I looked younger and not permanently "surprised" anymore. I was so happy I even went swimming for the first time in years, as I would not go before in case my brow pencil rubbed off or was splashed. My confidence is back for first time in many years, please anyone in this situation don't loose hope. xxx (12/27/2008)

By Angie