Permed Hair Not Curly Enough

Category Styling
It can be confusing as to what to do to fix a perm that is not as curly as you wanted. This is a guide about permed hair not curly enough.

I got a perm yesterday and it was supposed to be a body perm. It looks like I curled my hair many days ago and it's fallen out to a very loose wave. There are several straight pieces and one almost completely straight piece in the very front. What do I do to make it look more full and curly? I wanted some volume! I'm supposed to go back to her in two weeks to get my hair dyed too. I was supposed to look beautiful for my fiancé's army graduation in three weeks. This isn't what I paid for, what do I do?

Answers

Best Answer

Go back immediately and have her fix it. The longer you wait, the more likely she wont give you a refund because shell say its something you did

Best Answer

Have her curl your hair with a curling iron. Tell her you depended on her to give you a nice hairdo for this special occasion. No charge, of course

Best Answer

Spray it with water, then crunch it up with your hands with some hair gel. Repeating after a while will make the hair take the curl.

I used to do this all the time when I would perm my hair. To this day even though I no longer perm my hair, my hair will still get curly when I do this same process.

I got a perm a few days ago and finally washed it after the required 3 days. I requested tight curls, but when my hair dried it was barely even wavy. Can I go back and get a refund or a redo?

Answers

Best Answer

Beauty shops have to guarantee their work.

• Your hair was only permed 3 days ago and this wouldn't be a good idea to have it permed again so soon.
  • This can damage your hair or it can make your hair very brittle and break.
  • Since you followed the directions given to you by the shop and waited the 3 days they will need to refund your money.

• I wouldn't allow them to perm my hair again. The chemicals are very strong and it isn't a good idea to perm your hair again so soon.
  • Let the perm grow out some, go to another shop, have them trim the dry, dead ends and get a new perm.
  • Explain to them what happened at the last shop and see if this shop can do a better job and give you the curls you want in your hair.
Best Answer

A bad hair experience is no fun and you paid your money, explained what you wanted and since this did not happen, you are entitled to some sort of recourse/remedy. You will have to decide if you really want a redo at this shop or if you want a hassle when requesting a refund.

• Have you used this shop/hairdresser in the past? Or is this a new shop to you? I'm only asking this because if you have used this shop before then they should have some record of what solution was used before and maybe the condition of your hair.
  • Ad

• It is true that hair salons should guarantee their work but that does not mean they will not give you a hassle if you ask for a refund.
  • Do you remember if there was a sign about their policy posted in the shop or if there is any type of statement on your receipt? If there is something posted, then I believe you may have to follow that policy (unless you sue/small claims court).
  • What was the condition of your hair before the perm?
  • Did the hairdresser make any remarks about the condition of your hair or question that you may not be able to get a "curly" perm?
  • Whatever remedy you decide on just be prepared to fend off any remarks/questions of this type.
  • Many hairdressers say that if your hair is in good condition then it may be safe to get a redo in 2-4 weeks but recommend an 8-12 week wait just to be safe.
  • There is definitely a risk of damage to your hair from having the perm reapplied so soon to your hair after the first treatment.

This is not something that I am familiar with but researching your problem it appears there is not a lot of success in getting a refund in this situation so be sure you know what you want to do before going back.

I would definitely recommend that you return to the solon/shop and discuss this with them as soon as possible. I do not recommend calling them as this just gives them a head start on preparing an answer before you arrive.

I got a perm today, and there weren't any curls when she took the rollers out. It's dried now, and still no curl, not even a wave. Should I go back and ask for a refund?

Answers

Best Answer

Oh yes. If you say there are no curls and you had the perm today, go in right away and show that there are no curls.

You can ask for a refund, it is possible that they will offer to do your hair again. It is up to do as to whether you want to go thru the process again.

Best Answer

I would first address the hairstylist, requesting a refund. If the hairstylist refuses to give you a refund, request to speak to manager, if you get no where I would tell them you are taking them to small claims court. You never know they might change their mind.

Do not agree to have your hair redone by this stylist. There might be tension between the both of you. Slso, there is a second time your comes out unsatisfactory. Also, do not repent your hair until you see a new stylist and show them your hair and let them judge what is the next srmtep to remedy your hair.

I had a perm done yesterday, at a salon. When I got home I noticed that some bits at the back looked like it hadn't taken and a piece at the front of my hair. I thought I would ring the salon just to mention that. I was though in general happy with the perm, but when I woke this morning it looked like the perm has dropped out!

I have a bit of frizz at the front and the rest looks straight. Does anyone know what could have gone wrong? I'm going back to the salon on Thursday as that's the day the lady works. I've not added any products, combed it, or washed it. I haven't even run my fingers through it.

I went to a salon this morning for a perm. The goal was to get some curl for my long semi straight hair. I showed her pictures and we agreed to try with the knowledge that the perm may not turn out exactly how I want. When I left the salon I only had a mild curl. As my hair has dried throughout the day it has straightened more and more. Does this mean the perm didn't take or will I be suprised when I get to wash it and apply product to it in 3 days? This is my first perm so I am not sure what up expect. Thank you!

I just got a perm 2 days ago, but I don't think my friend put the rollers tight enough. What can I use to get more curl in my hair?

Answers

It can be done over after about 2 weeks. In the meantime, give your hair deep-conditioning treatments.

It's not that it wasn't rolled right enough, it was done on rollers that were too big for the curl that you wanted. Next time, request smaller rollers.

I permed my hair last night. I have really long hair and used medium sized rollers. We followed all the directions as told. It didn't hold well though. I woke up to it being wavy and some parts even looking straight. My mom says she should've left it longer, but my grandmother thinks she should've used 2 boxes and left it on longer since my hair is so long. I'm wanting to redo it tonight. What do I do?

By Hali L

Answers

Maybe you should have spent the money and had a pro do it.

Personally, I would not re-do the perm right away. I'd live with it for awhile. But, I have no experience with perms. It is just my opinion from reading about other people's experiences. There are several ladies on here who are hair stylists. Hopefully, they will see your question.

Do not reperm your hair, it will fall out. buy another perm of the same brand but reverse the process, use your neutralizer first, comb it through, then rinse out. then use the perm solution, comb it through and rinse thoroughly. this will return your hair to being straight. wait 6 - 8 weeks and go to a reputable salon to have a perm done. (speaking from experience, tried to perm own hair and fried it thoroughly).

straightning with perm or curling with perm is still using the product so what youre saying is wrong ...her hair will break abit either way as shes still putting product on straight after a perm...

i recently went to get a perm professionally and i have the same results you have. it's a bad perm, i think you should try to find the best professionals

Your hair is just too long... cut it

Anonymous

If it's the ends that look straight, and your hair is particularly long length, you should try piggy-backing curlers. That's essentially using two rollers for each section to insure the bottoms get the same exposure to the treatment as the roots. I think this is what I need for my hair too, because my ends came out straight. You can look up videos of how to piggy-back and rolling long hair.

I got a perm yesterday and it seems like it just keeps getting straighter. My hair is long and layered. I was only at the salon for maybe two hours which surprised me. I just knew it was going to take much longer. The solution was on my hair for about 20 min. Was that long enough? And how do I know if she used enough rollers? It looked fine when she first took it down, but then she picked it to trim my ends which confused me too. Shouldn't she have done that first? I did tell her that it looks like its getting straight. She said to put leave in conditioner in and wait until I can wash it. She said that it should look better after that. Is that true? I'm so confused because the shorter hair seems straighter.

My stylist gave me a perm today and it looked cute after he diffused it a bit with some mousse. But then he curled it with a curling iron. No hair spray, no setting spray, but curled it. Now the curls are falling out, but my hair is straight. Should I be concerned, or will they come back with my wash on Saturday? He's an award winning stylist who has been doing perms since the 80s and it was hard to get an appointment in the first place because he's so popular. Not sure what to do, or whether this is normal. Thanks!

My hair was one length just below my shoulder blades. I showed the stylist a pic of a shag. I needed a perm as I had straight hair. She first cut the length off, then permed, and then cut style. The neck fringe is poker straight and the fringe in front of my ears is uneven and poker straight. I had this style years before and they cut the style then permed and it came out great. Should I let them know or let it grow out and then go back and ask that they do it the way that worked for 5 years?

I got a flash wave perm yesterday and the hair dresser brushed my hair straight so she could trim it. It dried in the mean time. Will my hair not be as wavy as I wanted it since it will be like this until I can wash it?

Answers

Why not use a spray bottle filled with water, spray your hair and find out just how wavy it's going to be? And next time, perhaps ask your stylist to trim before perming?

If you are not happy with the result, you should return to your stylist. It is their responsibility to provide the result that you requested. If the stylist does not comply, take your complaint to the manager.

You paid for this service and should expect a good result.

After having the same hairdresser for years, I moved away and went to a new hairdresser for a perm. She left the neutralizer in for 25 minutes. Some hair was curled, some straight, and it didn't last very long. Does anyone know if it's because of the neutralizer being left on too long? I've asked my old hairdresser (she doesn't know) and even googled it. I can find no answer.

I recently got my hair permed, like literally about 10 or so hours ago. When we finished I noticed my left side of the hair didn't take the curl shape as much, it looked more like a wavy curl. But I didn't mind I thought it's wet maybe in the morning it'll look curlier. The rest of my hair looked good to me. I left went home and fell asleep. When I woke up I wasn't sure what to feel about my hair. It looks like if I left it braided at night and woke up with frizzy poofy braided curls, if you guys know what I mean. This is the first time I have gotten a perm and I was a little nervous because my hair normally doesn't hold regular curls so I was hoping this would do the trick. Guess not. Now I don't know what to do.

By Emily A. from Los Angeles, CA

Answers

I had a perm like that once. They had used a "cold wave" on it. The cold wave also left my head with a bad rash. Now, for the past 20 years when I get a perm, I have gotten a "heat wave". They are much gentler on your hair and scalp and work great every time.

Go back to your hair stylist, they can reverse the perm and your hair will be straight again. Do not have another perm for a few weeks.