New Perm Not Curly

I got a perm yesterday and it was supposed to be a body perm. It looks like I curled my hair many days ago and it's fallen out to a very loose wave. There are several straight pieces and one almost completely straight piece in the very front. What do I do to make it look more full and curly? I wanted some volume! I'm supposed to go back to her in two weeks to get my hair dyed too. I was supposed to look beautiful for my fiancé's army graduation in three weeks. This isn't what I paid for, what do I do?

Best Answer

Go back immediately and have her fix it. The longer you wait, the more likely she wont give you a refund because shell say its something you did

She works on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.. I was told you can't re-perm for at least a month. My fiance is graduating Army basic in 16 days, I was trying to get beautiful for him and myself. What can I do if she can't fix it?

Best Answer

Have her curl your hair with a curling iron. Tell her you depended on her to give you a nice hairdo for this special occasion. No charge, of course

Your hair will frie.

Best Answer

Spray it with water, then crunch it up with your hands with some hair gel. Repeating after a while will make the hair take the curl.

I used to do this all the time when I would perm my hair. To this day even though I no longer perm my hair, my hair will still get curly when I do this same process.

I tried, it just made small waves..

there are actually hair products and conditioners specifically marketed towards tightening curls. They either bring out what's already in your hair or what the perm created.

Things to try are TRESemmé Make Waves Shape & Memorise Cream (£5.50*), which you apply on damp hair before styling, is great for achieving gorgeous waves.

Or Dove Advanced Hair Series Quench Absolute Shampoo (RRPs: UK £6.59 IRE 8.56)
Designed for naturally curly hair, Dove Quench Absolute Shampoo helps to quench dryness and give curls greater definition.

So maybe it will give permed hair more definition too

Or Ulta's Curl Leave in Conditioner - Living Proof Curl Leave-In Conditioner delivers time-release conditioning for long-lasting soft, smooth, defined curls. When the complete Curl line is used together, curls are beautiful, defined and frizz free - and they stay that way 2x longer. www.ulta.com/curl-leave-in-conditioner

from a personal experience i was with my mum when she bought a curling type conditioner for her wavy hair and it really worked. Sadly I dont' remember what specific product she bought but it had me believe it was effective