How Soon Can I Get Another Perm?

Category Styling
Re-perming your hair too soon can have disastrous results, depending on the condition of your hair and the type of perm used. Talk to a professional to determine how long you should wait. This is a page about, "How soon can I get another perm?".

I went to get a perm yesterday. I sat down with a few pictures and we both agreed that due to the length of my hair (two inches past shoulder length) that it would be hard to get defined curls, but that a loose body wave was definitely achievable. She failed to tell me that my hair dye would come out until half way through doing it. Then when it started running down her gloves she joked for several minutes that I was going ginger.

Then she put the perm solution on with a squirty lucozade bottle because they didn't have a proper one and squirted it down my face at one point. When I went home and it had properly dried the ends were straight and there were slight wave/kinks at the top of my head which is exactly the opposite of what she said would happen. I have had a full refund, but I am now furious with the result as it looks like I'm going to have to now use straighteners on my hair every day (damaging my hair even more) for it to not look like I just rolled out of bed with cow licks!

It's been 24 hours since I had it done; I shampooed it this morning to help reverse the process. Is there anything else I can do to make it less kinked at the top and how long after would you suggest I try get it done elsewhere?

Answers

Best Answer

Oh my! I am so sorry this happened to you! This could have been really bad if the perm solution had gotten into your eyes and damaged them. I am so glad that didn't happen.

Personally, I would prefer to go to another salon, and never go back to that salon again.

I agree with treating your hair with conditioners and not using any hot devices on your hair until it is back into good condition. Perms have harsh chemicals.

One way to get rid of curls from a perm, temporarily, is to wash, condition, and then blow dry with warm air, not hot, while gently brushing the hair straight.

Doing this will take some of the curls out until the hair is washed again. The curls will be strongest if you wash your hair and let it dry naturally.

I wish you the best, and I would condition, condition, condition!

Blessings,

Robyn

I got a body perm last week, but have no body at all. I have very fine hair and it's thin on top. I would like to get a regular perm right away. Is it too soon after the body perm? I use a semi-permanent color from Sally's. I need advise.

By Mary E

Answers

Best Answer

Talk to you beautician, providing you have one, otherwise my advice according to what different hair stylists have told me over the years you should wait quite awhile.

I permed my hair like a month ago. It was a home perm where my mom helped me perm it. She did something wrong, but my hair had a little bit of wave. I'm planning to get it repermed, but I'm not sure if my hair will be okay with it. I mean I don't want to be bald or anything. Should I reperm it and take the risk or should I just let my hair grow out and lose the perm from the first time?

By Lauren M.

Answers

Best Answer

I have a sister that is a retired hair stylist and she always told her customers, myself included that you should only perm every three months. You wouldn't end up completely bald, you might lose some hair and I don't know about that, but perming more often is hard on the hair.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingAugust 21, 2018
🌻
🎂
🎃