How Soon Can I Get Another Perm?

Category Styling
Re-perming your hair too soon can have disastrous results, depending on the condition of your hair and the type of perm used. Talk to a professional to determine how long you should wait. This is a guide about, "How soon can I get another perm?".

I got a body perm last week, but have no body at all. I have very fine hair and it's thin on top. I would like to get a regular perm right away. Is it too soon after the body perm? I use a semi-permanent color from Sally's. I need advise.

By Mary E

Answers

Best Answer

Talk to you beautician, providing you have one, otherwise my advice according to what different hair stylists have told me over the years you should wait quite awhile.

I permed my hair like a month ago. It was a home perm where my mom helped me perm it. She did something wrong, but my hair had a little bit of wave. I'm planning to get it repermed, but I'm not sure if my hair will be okay with it. I mean I don't want to be bald or anything. Should I reperm it and take the risk or should I just let my hair grow out and lose the perm from the first time?

By Lauren M.

Answers

Best Answer

I have a sister that is a retired hair stylist and she always told her customers, myself included that you should only perm every three months. You wouldn't end up completely bald, you might lose some hair and I don't know about that, but perming more often is hard on the hair.