TipsHair Tips

How Soon Can I Perm My Hair Again?

Category Tips

I permed my hair like a month ago. It was a home perm where my mom helped me perm it. She did something wrong, but my hair had a little bit of wave. I'm planning to get it repermed, but I'm not sure if my hair will be okay with it. I mean I don't want to be bald or anything. Should I reperm it and take the risk or should I just let my hair grow out and lose the perm from the first time?

By Lauren M.

I have a sister that is a retired hair stylist and she always told her customers, myself included that you should only perm every three months. You wouldn't end up completely bald, you might lose some hair and I don't know about that, but perming more often is hard on the hair.

I had a similar situation awhile back at a beauty salon. The perm fell out in about a day, so I went back and talked with the stylist. She redid it the following week and there were no problems. Good luck to you!