Removing Sideburns Advice for Women

Category Tips
This guide contains removing sideburn advice for women. When you cut or shave sideburns the blunt hairs can appear to grow in thicker.

I just shaved my sideburns off because I thought it looked really weird to be a girl and have dark brown sideburns. Now it all stubbly and I can't pull my hair up or anything. I was just wondering if there's a way I could make them look better? Or should I just leave me hair down for a couple months? Does the hair grow in darker and thicker?

By Amanda from Seattle, CA

Answers

Best Answer

It will not grow in thicker. I would just wear your hair down for a few months, or use a wide cloth headband that covers the area. What ever you do, don't use eyebrow pencil to draw it in. It will be more noticeable then.

Best Answer

Use dabs of gel to tame the stubbies until they grow out.

I stupidly shaved my sideburns for the past two months. I was tired of keeping up with it so I decided to let it grow back. What a mistake! Not only did it grow back thicker, it grew back weird and resembles a man's sideburns!

I'm not sure what to do now. The hair was fine before and now it's thick! I thought it was a total myth that the hair doesn't change but in my case it did. I'm too embarrassed to wear my hair up now. Any help or suggestions? Thanks!

By mariem

Answers

Best Answer

I have done that before. A lot of women get their face waxed which includes that area so just let the hair grow back just a little bit and go get it waxed. It will last for at least 4 weeks and maintain it.

Best Answer

Relax. Your hair seems thicker and tougher because it is short. Let it grow and the sun will lighten it a little and it will get softer as it grows. Soon it will be as before.

Best Answer

Hair only seems thicker when it has been cut because the ends are blunt. Eventually it will return to its prior condition.

I started shaving the side of my face instead of waxing and I got carried away and start shaving some of my real hair. Now I don't know what is my real hair and what is the hair on my face if you get that. Like I had side burns and side of face hair and ended up shaving both and got self conscious and shaved more which ended up shaving some of my real hair.

How far do I take it up on the side of my head? How far should a women shave the side of her face? How far up do you take up your side burns? Please help I'm clueless at this. Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

You can go to a salon for a consultation, there they can help you mark out your hair line and even consult you about your sideburns. There is electrolysis, bleaching, waxing and several different options for removing unwanted facial hair but mainly they can show you where your hairline starts and ends so you dont get confused should you decide to do it again. Dont feel bad, its an easy mistake to make and can be confusing if you dont know before hand where you actual hairline begins. Best of luck!

I stupidly shaved my sideburns because I did not like they way they looked. I now have to shave them on a daily basis as they are back growing very stubbly and leaving a dark mark.

I am also having the problem with my really short bits which I cannot shave and I have used many hair gels to try and keep they pasted down, but they are not staying still. What else could I use to help keep these down as when I have my hair up in a ponytail they are very noticeable and it really gets me down.

Answers

You will just have to be patient and let them grow out. I would pull my hair back as little as possible.

If you are having problems with this there are a few things you can try.

Step 1
Plucking is one way to remove facial hair. Use a pair of tweezers and remove the small stubbles of hair from your face.

Step 2
Waxing is yet another method to remove the facial hair. You need to purchase a waxing kit for your face. There are different kits available. If you decide to wax the hair you need to know this might cause irritation to your skin.

Step 3
Threading is a technique used in the Middle Eastern and Asian countries. You will use a thin double cotton piece of thread. The thread is pulled super taut and rolled over the area you wish to remove the hair. When the thread passes over this area it pulls out the hair.

Step 4
Depilatory creams are yet another way to remove your facial hair. You apply the cream to the hair on your face and use a tissue to wipe the cream off. This removes the hair from your face.

Step 5
Laser hair removal is more permanent and you can receive this treatment at a laser hair removal salon.

Step 6
Electrolysis is the last way you can remove your facial hair. This is permanent and uses heat to destroy the hair follicles one at a time.

My husband did that once, he added hair dye to his to make them appear thicker as he waited for them to grow back.

After rereading your question it appears that you wish to keep your sideburns and that you are just looking for a way to "glue" the stubby hairs down until they grow back out. It does not seem that you are looking for ways to totally remove them.

Step 1
Totally removing your side burns means you are looking for a "permanent" solution and no matter how you do this, most of the time the hairs will grow back and the problem has to faced again.

Step 2
Since you said you "stupidly" shaved your sideburns, I take that to mean you wish to keep them but are having a problem with stubby hairs while the hairs grow back.

Step 3
This problem will last for several weeks/months so maybe it would be a good idea if you could talk with a professional to see if they can offer some advice about how to hold them down. (Do not let them talk you into removing them as that is their business talking.)

Step 4
My son has a "cow-lick" that bothers him a lot and the advice that was given him has helped but still goes afoul sometime.

Step 5
Suggestion: After showering while hair is still damp, cover the area with your gel (whatever you are using) and brush/flatten the hair in the direction you want it to go. Let it dry in this manner and hopefully (after a few tries) it will start to lay down better.

Maybe you could pay a visit to a beauty supply shop and ask about what they recommend to hold those little stubby hairs down until they grow.
They should eventually grow back to their normal color and softness.

Try using a hair remover like nair .It would take all the hair right off.