Removing Sideburns Advice for Women

Category Tips
This guide contains removing sideburn advice for women. When you cut or shave sideburns the blunt hairs can appear to grow in thicker.

I just shaved my sideburns off because I thought it looked really weird to be a girl and have dark brown sideburns. Now it all stubbly and I can't pull my hair up or anything. I was just wondering if there's a way I could make them look better? Or should I just leave me hair down for a couple months? Does the hair grow in darker and thicker?

By Amanda from Seattle, CA

Answers

Best Answer

It will not grow in thicker. I would just wear your hair down for a few months, or use a wide cloth headband that covers the area. What ever you do, don't use eyebrow pencil to draw it in. It will be more noticeable then.

Best Answer

Use dabs of gel to tame the stubbies until they grow out.

I stupidly shaved my sideburns for the past two months. I was tired of keeping up with it so I decided to let it grow back. What a mistake! Not only did it grow back thicker, it grew back weird and resembles a man's sideburns!

I'm not sure what to do now. The hair was fine before and now it's thick! I thought it was a total myth that the hair doesn't change but in my case it did. I'm too embarrassed to wear my hair up now. Any help or suggestions? Thanks!

By mariem

Answers

Best Answer

I have done that before. A lot of women get their face waxed which includes that area so just let the hair grow back just a little bit and go get it waxed. It will last for at least 4 weeks and maintain it.

Best Answer

Relax. Your hair seems thicker and tougher because it is short. Let it grow and the sun will lighten it a little and it will get softer as it grows. Soon it will be as before.

Best Answer

Hair only seems thicker when it has been cut because the ends are blunt. Eventually it will return to its prior condition.

So I stupidly waxed my side burns because they looked ugly to me and I'm scared that it looks bad now as it is growing back. Will the hair be thicker? It feels hairier; is there a reason why?

Answers

Best Answer

It will feel weird for a day or two and then that feeling should go away. A tiny dab of a cream (moisturizer) meant for your face my help take the "edge" off of it (reduce the finger feel to it) if you really want to, but it is best just to let it go naturally. If you feel there are ingrown hairs and it is getting infected...that is a whole different issue...watch for warmth and redness and talk to your doctor if it persist.

DO NOT mess with infections!! SAFETY FIRST! If you are able to, try an antibiotic cream on any sore spots to prevent infection.

It makes me crazy that society makes us gals self conscious of things like this and wish it didn't...but this "what is beautiful and what is not" is as old as the ages. Maybe it is my age (OLD), but I say embrace every unique part of you and don't try to change it!!! You are beautiful because you are YOU!!! Flaunt it!!

I started shaving the side of my face instead of waxing and I got carried away and start shaving some of my real hair. Now I don't know what is my real hair and what is the hair on my face if you get that. Like I had side burns and side of face hair and ended up shaving both and got self conscious and shaved more which ended up shaving some of my real hair.

How far do I take it up on the side of my head? How far should a women shave the side of her face? How far up do you take up your side burns? Please help I'm clueless at this. Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

You can go to a salon for a consultation, there they can help you mark out your hair line and even consult you about your sideburns. There is electrolysis, bleaching, waxing and several different options for removing unwanted facial hair but mainly they can show you where your hairline starts and ends so you dont get confused should you decide to do it again. Dont feel bad, its an easy mistake to make and can be confusing if you dont know before hand where you actual hairline begins. Best of luck!

I stupidly shaved my sideburns because I did not like they way they looked. I now have to shave them on a daily basis as they are back growing very stubbly and leaving a dark mark.

I am also having the problem with my really short bits which I cannot shave and I have used many hair gels to try and keep they pasted down, but they are not staying still. What else could I use to help keep these down as when I have my hair up in a ponytail they are very noticeable and it really gets me down.

Answers

You will just have to be patient and let them grow out. I would pull my hair back as little as possible.

If you are having problems with this there are a few things you can try.

Step 1
Plucking is one way to remove facial hair. Use a pair of tweezers and remove the small stubbles of hair from your face.

Step 2
Waxing is yet another method to remove the facial hair. You need to purchase a waxing kit for your face. There are different kits available. If you decide to wax the hair you need to know this might cause irritation to your skin.

Step 3
Threading is a technique used in the Middle Eastern and Asian countries. You will use a thin double cotton piece of thread. The thread is pulled super taut and rolled over the area you wish to remove the hair. When the thread passes over this area it pulls out the hair.

Step 4
Depilatory creams are yet another way to remove your facial hair. You apply the cream to the hair on your face and use a tissue to wipe the cream off. This removes the hair from your face.

Step 5
Laser hair removal is more permanent and you can receive this treatment at a laser hair removal salon.

Step 6
Electrolysis is the last way you can remove your facial hair. This is permanent and uses heat to destroy the hair follicles one at a time.

My husband did that once, he added hair dye to his to make them appear thicker as he waited for them to grow back.

After rereading your question it appears that you wish to keep your sideburns and that you are just looking for a way to "glue" the stubby hairs down until they grow back out. It does not seem that you are looking for ways to totally remove them.

Step 1
Totally removing your side burns means you are looking for a "permanent" solution and no matter how you do this, most of the time the hairs will grow back and the problem has to faced again.

Step 2
Since you said you "stupidly" shaved your sideburns, I take that to mean you wish to keep them but are having a problem with stubby hairs while the hairs grow back.

Step 3
This problem will last for several weeks/months so maybe it would be a good idea if you could talk with a professional to see if they can offer some advice about how to hold them down. (Do not let them talk you into removing them as that is their business talking.)

Step 4
My son has a "cow-lick" that bothers him a lot and the advice that was given him has helped but still goes afoul sometime.

Step 5
Suggestion: After showering while hair is still damp, cover the area with your gel (whatever you are using) and brush/flatten the hair in the direction you want it to go. Let it dry in this manner and hopefully (after a few tries) it will start to lay down better.

Maybe you could pay a visit to a beauty supply shop and ask about what they recommend to hold those little stubby hairs down until they grow.
They should eventually grow back to their normal color and softness.

Try using a hair remover like nair .It would take all the hair right off.

I tried using Nair but it made my skin irritated, and now the side burns are out of shape and clotted.

So at the age of 23 I became a tad depressed; thought I looked horrible everyday. I started to see my peach fuzz, did a little google and saw something which in my state pretty much said shave it off.

What a regret that was.

Has anyone done this, and managed to get their face back to original state/ peach fuzz back? When the hairs grow out they are sticking outwards which is making it very obvious. I don't want my fiancée to notice them as I fear he will see me as unattractive.

Answers

We women have so much pressure from magazines and such to be perfect! But at my age (MUCH older than you are), I have learned that imperfect is the best perfect!

Sorry you are going through this and are worried about your fiance thinking negative about you. On that note, if he does, better to know now and wave bye bye....than have it surface later (but that is just me).

To tame your current situation, try a little face cream on the area and try to find a cute and creative hair style that makes you feel less self conscious. When they grow in embrace them!

You are beautiful because you are you!!! Don't let a magazine or a boy (man) tell you anything otherwise!

New growth appears thicker because of the stubble. Just be patient and it will grow out and be like before

It will go back after time, don't worry. In the meantime, rub on some coconut oil in that area :)

organic coconut oil w/lemon juice works wonders,60%coconut oil,40 % lemon juice mix together and rub in & leave for 45 min & then wash off for keep using to sustain facial hair.

I shaved off my sideburns because I was concious of them and now it's stubble. Do I leave them to grow out or keep shaving them to get rid of the stubble?

Answers

You will have to be patient and go through the awkward period of growing out.

Embrace your natural beauty and let them grow out!! If you are self conscious about it, summer is a fun time to experiment with cute scarves, bandanas, and such while they fill in!! Don't let magazine beauty shots dictate your look! Be you and shine!!! You are beautiful!!!

Grow them out. If you don't like the in-between stage, fill it in with a bit of mascara.