Solution for Waxing Sideburns

So I stupidly waxed my side burns because they looked ugly to me and I'm scared that it looks bad now as it is growing back. Will the hair be thicker? It feels hairier; is there a reason why?

Best Answer

It will feel weird for a day or two and then that feeling should go away. A tiny dab of a cream (moisturizer) meant for your face my help take the "edge" off of it (reduce the finger feel to it) if you really want to, but it is best just to let it go naturally. If you feel there are ingrown hairs and it is getting infected...that is a whole different issue...watch for warmth and redness and talk to your doctor if it persist. DO NOT mess with infections!! SAFETY FIRST! If you are able to, try an antibiotic cream on any sore spots to prevent infection.

It makes me crazy that society makes us gals self conscious of things like this and wish it didn't...but this "what is beautiful and what is not" is as old as the ages. Maybe it is my age (OLD), but I say embrace every unique part of you and don't try to change it!!! You are beautiful because you are YOU!!! Flaunt it!!

if it's good enough for Frida Kahlo....

The stubble just feels thicker. Once it grows hack it will be the way it was

It may appear thicker, but it will be fine. Your hair will grow back naturally.

It's only because they have a rough edge, but it will lay down flat as it grows.

yeah, that's a myth that hair grows back thicker, if anything after years of shaving the hair grew back less when I stopped shaving and then shaved again and then stopped again

in the future you might consider bleaching it or removing with Nair