Shaping Eyebrows

Whether you have too much or too little hair on your brow, it can be plucked or drawn to create the look you want. This guide is about shaping eyebrows.

Do you want to pluck your eyebrows like a pro? Use an eyebrow pencil to shade the shape you want, then only pluck around the shaded area!

Source: Twist Magazine

By vampvic77 from Wilmington, NC

Dab on Orajel before plucking your brows to take away the sting. My brows are so deep that they bleed when I pluck them. After reading this tip in a book, I had to try it! Believe me, it really helps!

Source: A book on tips

By firewife from TN

I needed to trim my eyebrows, and I dislike tweezers. I tried some of this extra wide masking tape from the Dollar General, because it is stickier than the thin size, and it worked really well for me.

I tore a small square off of the roll and put it on the area I needed to have the hairs removed. I pushed it firmly, and pressed the tape over the area about ten times. Then I pulled the tape off against the growth of the hair, really fast. It was as effective as wax.

I thought I would share this, since I have tried everything, from scissors, waxing, tweezing, shaving etc. I will continue using this method since it works for me :)

Have a blessed day!

I cut out the cost of eyebrow waxing by investing in a magnified mirror that I keep in my handbag. I picked it up from Target for less than $10! I used to go and get my eyebrows waxed. Now I just use my magnified mirror to pluck the hairs as soon as they are seen, which is easy with this mirror! I used to visit the beautician every other week, now I don't go at all! What a great saving!

By Justinsevaus from Yakima, WA

This is a guide about solutions for invisible eyebrows. Hair dye, eyebrow pencils, or even mascara can help give definition to your eyebrows.

Fair woman with thin eyebrows penciling them in.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about getting over-plucked eyebrows to grow back. Over-plucking of your eyebrows can result in patchy thin or bald spots.

Close up of woman with thin eyebrows plucking them

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about waxing your eyebrows. Having your eyebrows waxed at a salon can be outside of your budget. You can save money by doing it yourself.

Beautiful Eyebrows

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I had chemotherapy due to breast cancer almost 5 years ago. Since then I have not gotten back my eyebrows. Is there anything I can do to get any of it back? Thanks.

By Teresa from Bloomington, IL

Answers

Anonymous

This link might be helpful to you. Good luck.
http://www.live  brows-grow-back/

I also had chemo 5 years ago and lost hair every where. My eyebrows grew back but are very thin. I use eyebrow color to fill in. You might go to one of the cosmetics counters that offer free makeovers. They might have a suggestion and a product to help,don.t give up. The hair on my legs is just now growing back.

Walnuts are helping my hair grow. I eat 6-8 walnut halves a day. Walnuts (only walnuts) have an amino acid that helps the body produce its own omega 3s.
Good luck.

Don't know if this will help you but I was telling a co-worker one day that one side of my head of hair was getting thin from years of too much blow drying.

She said that Co Q-10 helped her dad's hair grow and she swore by it. So I tried it and it worked! I see little sprouts of hair growing where it was thin. You will find nothing on the internet about it outside of it is used for heart health.

I would say check with your doctor first before using but I started taking a 60mg pill once and sometimes twice a day. Then I switched to one 100mg.

I would bet this stuff is added to the expensive hair growth treatments men buy!

Don't know if this will help you but I was telling a co-worker one day that one side of my head of hair was getting thin from years of too much blow drying. She said that Co Q-10 helped her dad's hair grow and she swore by it. So I tried it and it worked! I see little sprouts of hair growing where it was thin. You will find nothing on the internet about it outside of it is used for heart health.

I would say check with your doctor first before using but I started taking a 60mg pill once and sometimes twice a day. Then I switched to one 100mg. I would bet this stuff is added to the expensive hair growth treatments men buy!

Try Latisse. You can also buy 'Careprost' (same thing as Latisse) from a place called allday chemist, for around 15 bucks.
I use it, it really is great. You can see videos on youtube about. :)
Hope that helps.
Leslie

How do I pluck my eyebrows without totally overdoing it?

By Victoria from Wilmington, NC

Answers

Follow your natural brow line, and just tweeze the stragglers. What I do, to be safe, is just pluck a few hairs per day, until I see how it looks. You can always pluck more the next day, but you can't put them back on if you've plucked too many. ;) As a general rule, don't pluck the top of the brow unless there are hairs that aren't in line with the rest of the brow. It's best to pluck hairs underneath it. Plucking from the top can give you a permanent frown. Also, putting ice on the skin before plucking can help reduce the ouch factor.

I would pay to have them waxed the 1st time, then keep up with the tweezing. A cosmetologist will professionally shape to compliment your features and structure.

Anonymous

Here's a picture of line guides to follow. Do not pluck any further inside of the two exterior lines and only pluck the strays under the brow areas (the arch middle line). If it's hard for you to visualize by eyeballing you can use a pencil or chopstick, etc as a visual guideline. Our brows are unique to all of us and fit us perfectly so just this simple cleanup works perfectly. :-)

Do yourself a favor and go get a professional wax job just once, and then maintain by plucking. You will be doing yourself a favor in the long run, and the investment is invaluable to your self assurance!

How can you make your eyebrows go upward and have more of an arch shaped?

By Alondra R.

Answers

Everybody's eyebrows grow in a specific way. When you pluck them you have to follow the natural shape. If they are extremely bushy on the bottom you might could pluck an arch into them. If you do that, you run the risk of not getting them the same. You could consult a beautician about this. Some of them will pluck your eybrows and some do the waxing. It might be worth it if you are unhappy about the way yours look.

I use YBF products.Love them and good price,she was a ex model for Ford,been everywhere,had everyone do her make up.Her story is someone plucked too much they never grew back;her best seller is an eye brow pencil to "fill in" spots or frame your eyes.That's what eye brows do,so many forget that step it should be one even if like me only wear mascara,lip stain if you do your eye brows (when blonde) your features show. She has a complete booklet on how to everything, it says you take a pencil from your nose to corner of eye, to middle of eye the from you nose to outside of where your eye lashes are. This is where your eye brows should be, be careful having anyone pluck they may not ever be right. If you don't want to make them more an arch with just a pencil,cleaning up the area where "strays" grow is the safe way. She sells her products everywhere maybe you could look on HSN under Your Best Friend where she has instructions on exactly how to shape eye brows. Good luck, sometimes I think we have exactly what God wanted us to have before messing with it.If your eye brows are full; bet they are beautiful!

Anonymous

I was a hairstylist for 35 years and have done hundreds of eye brow shapings. I found an excellent instruction video that is well detailed and easy to follow. My best word of advice is go with the flow of your own eyebrow arch so that it will look natural. So many people are tempted to make theirs look like someone else and that's such a huge mistake.

http://www.yout  ch?v=UK1LfRjCkEY

Did you mean the eyebrows going upward as in combing the hairs up and keeping them in place for the day? If so, there is clear mascara on the market that you can use.

How do you, as a woman, tame your grey and wiry eyebrows?

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

Answers

Mine aren't grey but they sure are unruly! Well, they were until I got my new trifocals prescription.

My optometrist suggested I also order a pair of single lens reading glasses in addition to my trifocals. I am SO glad he made the suggestion and that I followed it, I put the reading glasses on and can't believe how bad my eyebrows were! (OK, a couple other places, I don't mind middle age but I sure hate not being able to see to groom properly!)

I sit in strong light, by a window is best for lighting; I use a magnifying hand mirror and a pair of slanted tweezers and then following the natural line of the eyebrows, I carefully pluck anything above, below, and between (no more uni-brow, lol)

It helps to outline the natural brow with an eyeliner pencil so I don't accidentally take out too much.

Wearing the reading glasses I am able to see the fine details of the eyebrow and what does/doesn't belong. I can reach over the frame to get to the stray hairs, I can also go behind the frames. It makes such a difference to be able to SEE those hairs, I am really grateful to the optometrist for the suggestion.

Good question, Betty! I'm having problems too. Sometimes I snip off the ends, sometimes I pluck a white one out. I'm afraid I'll end up with NO eyebrows soon ;-)

How do I tweeze my eyebrows? I have had them waxed before, but the last time I had them waxed was about a year ago. So how do you shape them?

By child-of-eden from Alberta

Answers:

Shaping Eyebrows

Most large department stores that have a make up section will have an eyebrow "template" that you can buy. Pick the shape that you like, use eyebrow pencil to draw yours on {the templates have both right and left eyebrow stencil} then pluck the hairs that are outside that area. (09/21/2009)

By wolfbytez

Shaping Eyebrows

You do not need to spend any money other than on a good pair of tweezers and a white pencil!

Read the entire tutorial and watch the video. It's really easy! :-)

ricebunny.xanga.com (09/22/2009)

By Deeli