Shaping Eyebrows

Whether you have too much or too little hair on your brow, it can be plucked or drawn to create the look you want. This page is about shaping eyebrows.

Do you want to pluck your eyebrows like a pro? Use an eyebrow pencil to shade the shape you want, then only pluck around the shaded area!

Source: Twist Magazine

By Victoria from Wilmington, NC

Dab on Orajel before plucking your brows to take away the sting. My brows are so deep that they bleed when I pluck them. After reading this tip in a book, I had to try it! Believe me, it really helps!

Source: A book on tips

By Marie from TN

I needed to trim my eyebrows, and I dislike tweezers. I tried some of this extra wide masking tape from the Dollar General, because it is stickier than the thin size, and it worked really well for me.

I tore a small square off of the roll and put it on the area I needed to have the hairs removed. I pushed it firmly, and pressed the tape over the area about ten times. Then I pulled the tape off against the growth of the hair, really fast. It was as effective as wax.

I thought I would share this, since I have tried everything, from scissors, waxing, tweezing, shaving etc. I will continue using this method since it works for me :)

Have a blessed day!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I cut out the cost of eyebrow waxing by investing in a magnified mirror that I keep in my handbag. I picked it up from Target for less than $10! I used to go and get my eyebrows waxed.

I had chemotherapy due to breast cancer almost 5 years ago. Since then I have not gotten back my eyebrows. Is there anything I can do to get any of it back? Thanks.

By Teresa from Bloomington, IL

Answers

Anonymous

This link might be helpful to you. Good luck.
www.livestrong.com/.../

I also had chemo 5 years ago and lost hair every where. My eyebrows grew back but are very thin. I use eyebrow color to fill in. You might go to one of the cosmetics counters that offer free makeovers. They might have a suggestion and a product to help,don.t give up. The hair on my legs is just now growing back.

Walnuts are helping my hair grow. I eat 6-8 walnut halves a day. Walnuts (only walnuts) have an amino acid that helps the body produce its own omega 3s.

Good luck.

Don't know if this will help you but I was telling a co-worker one day that one side of my head of hair was getting thin from years of too much blow drying.

She said that Co Q-10 helped her dad's hair grow and she swore by it. So I tried it and it worked! I see little sprouts of hair growing where it was thin. You will find nothing on the internet about it outside of it is used for heart health.

I would say check with your doctor first before using but I started taking a 60mg pill once and sometimes twice a day. Then I switched to one 100mg.

I would bet this stuff is added to the expensive hair growth treatments men buy!

Don't know if this will help you but I was telling a co-worker one day that one side of my head of hair was getting thin from years of too much blow drying. She said that Co Q-10 helped her dad's hair grow and she swore by it. So I tried it and it worked! I see little sprouts of hair growing where it was thin.

You will find nothing on the internet about it outside of it is used for heart health.

I would say check with your doctor first before using but I started taking a 60mg pill once and sometimes twice a day. Then I switched to one 100mg. I would bet this stuff is added to the expensive hair growth treatments men buy!

Try Latisse. You can also buy 'Careprost' (same thing as Latisse) from a place called allday chemist, for around 15 bucks.
I use it, it really is great. You can see videos on youtube about. :)
Hope that helps.
Leslie

How do I pluck my eyebrows without totally overdoing it?

By Victoria from Wilmington, NC

Answers

Follow your natural brow line, and just tweeze the stragglers. What I do, to be safe, is just pluck a few hairs per day, until I see how it looks. You can always pluck more the next day, but you can't put them back on if you've plucked too many.

;) As a general rule, don't pluck the top of the brow unless there are hairs that aren't in line with the rest of the brow. It's best to pluck hairs underneath it. Plucking from the top can give you a permanent frown. Also, putting ice on the skin before plucking can help reduce the ouch factor.

I would pay to have them waxed the 1st time, then keep up with the tweezing. A cosmetologist will professionally shape to compliment your features and structure.

Here's a picture of line guides to follow. Do not pluck any further inside of the two exterior lines and only pluck the strays under the brow areas (the arch middle line). If it's hard for you to visualize by eyeballing you can use a pencil or chopstick, etc as a visual guideline. Our brows are unique to all of us and fit us perfectly so just this simple cleanup works perfectly. :-)

Do yourself a favor and go get a professional wax job just once, and then maintain by plucking. You will be doing yourself a favor in the long run, and the investment is invaluable to your self assurance!

How can you make your eyebrows go upward and have more of an arch shaped?

By Alondra R.

Answers

Everybody's eyebrows grow in a specific way. When you pluck them you have to follow the natural shape. If they are extremely bushy on the bottom you might could pluck an arch into them. If you do that, you run the risk of not getting them the same. You could consult a beautician about this. Some of them will pluck your eybrows and some do the waxing. It might be worth it if you are unhappy about the way yours look.

How do you, as a woman, tame your grey and wiry eyebrows?

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

Mix aloe vera gel and dark eyeshadow to create an inexpensive alternative to retail eyebrow gel.

A woman's made up eyelid and brow.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about solutions for invisible eyebrows. Hair dye, eyebrow pencils, or even mascara can help give definition to your eyebrows.

Fair woman with thin eyebrows penciling them in.

This is a page about getting over-plucked eyebrows to grow back. Over-plucking of your eyebrows can result in patchy thin or bald spots.

Close up of woman with thin eyebrows plucking them

This is a page about homemade coffee eyebrow tint. The solution to light or patchy eyebrows is right there in your kitchen.

Homemade Coffee Eyebrow Tint

This page is about using eyebrow pencils. When drawing eyebrows or just filling in, you want them to look great all day.

Woman Applying Eyebrow Pencil

This is a page about waxing your eyebrows. Having your eyebrows waxed at a salon can be outside of your budget. You can save money by doing it yourself.

Beautiful Eyebrows

Load More

Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceMarch 10, 2013
😎
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Shaping-Eyebrows-2.html