Changing the Resolution on a Monitor

How can I change the pixels and resolution on a fairly new computer tower and an older monitor that was given to me? Web pages are way too big and all my pictures are blurry.

By Trex from Quincy, MA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

When I've had to do this, I:

RIGHT click somewhere on the desktop. A box will open up.

LEFT click on PROPERTIES.

Click on the SETTINGS tab.

And from there the monitor settings can be adjusted. When they are good, click OK.

I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Depending on the monitor type there may have been an accessory program loaded to your PC when you installed the video driver. Activate this program and look around, you may find a place to adjust your resolution and pixel depth. More than likely Mrs.story gave you the best advise.

If you're still having issues with the web pages being too big, do this:

In the bottom right-hand corner of your screen, you should see a number. If it is greater than 100%, click on the adjacent down-arrow and select '100%'. If the text is still too large, go to the top tool-bar and select 'View'.

Then select 'Text' and select which size you want to view your text [from Largest to Smallest]

Computer Monitor
Adjusting the Resolution on a Computer Monitor
Computers RepairMarch 24, 2010
Wiper Blades on White Background
Changing Windshield Wiper Blades
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
A girl who can't find her parents.
Teaching a Child What to Do if They are Lost
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:22:49 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.