Making a Hair Dryer Painting
Blow paint in interesting patterns with a basic hair dryer. This is a guide about making a hair dryer painting
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Create cool designs on paper using just a little paint and your hair dryer. Dryer paintings can be made into greeting cards, party invitations, bookmarks, or anything else your imagination can dream up!
Approximate Time: about 20 minutes
- craft paints in chosen colors
- small bowls
- paint brushes
- construction paper
- hair dryer
- Pour about one quarter to one half a cup of water into each of your small bowls.
- Add a little paint to each bowl and stir with a paint brush to combine. You should use a lot more water than paint, as the solution needs to be very "runny" to work.
You may want to experiment with the project, using several pieces of scrap paper, until you get the amounts of each that work for you.
- Use the paint brushes to dribble small and larger pools of the liquid colors over the sheet of paper.
- Turn your hair dryer on high, aim the air stream at the pools of paint, and move them over the paper.
The hair dryer never touches the paper! The colors will mix together to create new colors and delightful designs.
By Marie from West Dundee, ILRead 1 Comment
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 17, 2017 at 2:50:56 PM on 10.0.0.212 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us