Use a Hair Dryer for Removing Jar Labels

Category Reusing
Some adhesives used to glue labels to bottles are heat sensitive. Warming the label up with a hair dryer may help you remove labels attached with this type of glue. This is a page about use a hair dryer for removing jar labels.

Most of the time, I can remove a label from a jar or plastic container by using the hairdryer to heat the label. It loosens the glue and makes the label easy to lift and peel off.

With glass, you can blow hot air on the label, but with plastic, you need to be careful not get it too hot as it might warp the plastic.

I was cleaning out a closet and found this little glass jar. Since it has an odd shape, I thought it may come in handy for something. Using the hairdryer, I removed the label. It peeled off easily leaving no residue. I'm going to hold on to this little jar to see if I can find a use for it.

Bottles, and jars usually have stickers, whether it is a label, a product name, or a bar code. Those things can be recycled so we wanted to pull those stickers in an easy, clean way.

Just get your hair blower, point it at the sticker for just a second and you can pull it off easily and neatly!

Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 30, 2017
😷
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Use-a-Hair-Dryer-for-Removing-Jar-Labels.html