How to Remove Beer Bottle Labels

This is a guide about removing beer bottle labels. Here are some tips for removing labels from beer bottles. If you are removing the labels to collect them, you may need to find an alternative method.

How do I remove beer bottle labels?

A.E. from UK

Answers

Best Answer

I don't know why they would be any different from any other bottle label. I fill bottles and jars with water. lay them on their sides with the label down in a sink full of water, and soak for as long as needed. Sometimes the glue is stubborn so I use a bit of Goo Gone on the last of it.

By Artlady (Guest Post)

I soak mine, as well. Anything left, I scrub off with an SOS pad. I've taken many, many labels off jars this way and it's never been a problem. I paint on them. So, I clean them with alcohol first.

If you are wanting to collect the labels, you need to get them new from the brewery. There is no way to get them off the bottle in good condition. There are labels up on eBay.

Anonymous

Soak in hot soapy water for a few minutes. Peel off the labels (leaving a stubborn glue residue). Lets the bottles soak for a few more minutes.

Gently scrub with a scouring pad (as found on the backside of most sponges). Its a two step process - remove the paper, then soak and scrub away the glue.