Princess the Cat

Princess is my 9 month old cat. She's a little bit of everything good. We were walking in the neighborhood, seeing the destruction after Hurricane Katrina, when we heard a weak "meow" coming from under a porch which was hanging by only a few boards.

There we found the most frightened kitten we had ever seen. Someone had abandoned this poor little kitten and left her to fend for herself. This picture was taken when we got her home.

She likes to play with yarn and also plastic balls. I feel so lucky to have found Princess and given her a second chance at life as she has given us so much joy and happiness.

Princess the Cat - Katrina Rescue

By Laura Emerson from Biloxi MS

GREAT STORY!!!!.......and what an adorable picture! These are the things I love to read about. Good luck with your kitty and good for you in giving her a great home.

What a cutie-pie!

I hope you can feel your wings, because you must be truely an angel to have taken in such a sweet creature in such a bad time.

It's a shame that some people only think of themselves in time of disaster, and not of their furry children ( as my wife and I call our two cats ).

What a dear little kittie! I am so glad someone like you now has her and gave her a good home. The picture is adorable. She is a lucky one to have been rescued. My hats off to you!

Aww, contented little kitten. She knows she is safe now. Good for you.

Bless your sweet heart. Your story made me cry.

Long, lovely life to you and your "baby".

Laura, what a wonderful life she will have with you after that horrific beginning to her innocent little life.

Believe me, you will be blessed many times over for taking her into your heart and home.

Thank you so much for sharing her story and, by the way she is ADORABLE!

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

Ohhh what a sweet face! Princess is adorable and

I am sure she is purring, so happy to be in from the storm in a warm loving home. God Bless you for

taking her in and giving her love.

Oh wow, what can I say that everyone else hasn't said yet? She is precious and so very fortunate to have you and your family. Thank you so much for sharing such a heartwarming little story and picture. Give her lots of love for me. ~ Holly

Your kitty is adorable and you are so lucky and she is too. But I would like to point out that the people of that home may not have been capable of saving the kitty, or the mother. Or the mother cat was injured and unable to care for her kitty Well, anyway, have a good life together!

Who is luckier? Princess or you? Sounds like you both found each other. She looks so contented and happy. It is nice to hear stories that have happy endings.

What a sweetie. She just meowed at the right time. It was just "meant to be" that you would find her and have a long happy life together.

What a beautiful story and lucky cat to have you for parents!

Princess is so cute! he is beautiful with her gray, orange, and white markings. Take very good care of her and if you have more stories, please tell them!

Photos Pets CatsJune 13, 2006
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Princess Amidala (Star Wars) Costume
little girl dressed as a princess
Making a Princess Costume
little girl dancing on bed in princess room
Color Advice for a Princess Room
Little girl at her princess themed birthday party.
Planning a Princess Theme Party
🎄