Something is Eating the Tops Off of My Tomatoes and Peppers

Something is eating the top off of my tomatoes and peppers. I noticed it just in the last 2 days. What could it be?

By Joann from Syracuse, NY

My Dad lived in Syracuse and he caught squirrels taking bites off his tomatoes. Maybe it's one of those pesky critters.

Could also be the tomato hornworm. Google it for the images so you can see what they look like, creepy. I had one that ate the entire tops off my tomato plants before I found it. They are difficult to spot because they blend right in with the foliage.

This is probably the tomato hornworm doing this damage. They blend in nicely with the leaves and can ravage a healthy plant in a few days. Look for pellet like droppings on the leaves and on the ground. They are gross! Good luck with the garden.

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlAugust 5, 2010
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Selecting Good Bell Peppers
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
Storing Bell Peppers
🎉
🎄