Denim Wallet

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

• denim scraps
  • scissors
  • leather or cloth wallet for pattern
  • paper
  • ink pen
  • contrast fabric
  • sewing machine
  • thread
  • iron
  • spray starch

Instructions:

Make a pattern from a leather or cloth wallet to get the size and shape desired.

1. Once you have a pattern, cut out the wallet from the denim scraps. Cut 2, reversing one for the back.
  2. Cut out one or two pieces of the contrasting fabric smaller that the front and back of the wallet.
  3. Before sewing the front and back wallet sides together, sew the "pockets" onto the denim piece that will become the inside of the wallet. Make sure you don't forget to hem the "pockets".
  4. Once these are sewn in place, sew the front and back sides together, leaving the bottom open (or not). If the bottom is left open, it will have a frayed look after sewing it closed. Starch and press the finished wallet.

Note: An inner lining can be added if desired. I chose not to do that.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

A very clever use of worn out blue jeans. I always hate to toss out the legs of jeans unless the knee parts are also

worn with holes in them. There just seems to be so much wasted fabric there, and it's usually strong and good. More

than enough to make a wallet. I also think you picked the perfect "interior" fabric for them as well. Looks very western-style and chic.

Thank you for sharing your idea.

HokeyPoke

Oh, I just love this! I even have some of the bandana fabric, just found it in my stash. :-) Thanks for sharing it with us.

Julie Andrea

Denim Wallet
Making a Denim Wallet
Crafts Clothing AccessoriesMarch 1, 2011
custom bleached denim with an intricate design
Bleaching Denim
Tea Bag Wallet
Making a Tea Bag Wallet
The back pocket of blue jeans.
Softening Stiff Denim
Homemade Man's Wallet
Making a Man's Wallet
🎉
🎄