Making a Denim Wallet
Whether you use leftover denim from altering a pair of jeans or other clothing project, or buy new yardage, you can make a great wallet for yourself or as a gift. This is a page about making a denim wallet.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read More Comments
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- denim scraps
- leather or cloth wallet for pattern
- ink pen
- contrast fabric
- sewing machine
- spray starch
Make a pattern from a leather or cloth wallet to get the size and shape desired.
- Once you have a pattern, cut out the wallet from the denim scraps. Cut 2, reversing one for the back.
- Cut out one or two pieces of the contrasting fabric smaller that the front and back of the wallet.
- Before sewing the front and back wallet sides together, sew the "pockets" onto the denim piece that will become the inside of the wallet. Make sure you don't forget to hem the "pockets".
- Once these are sewn in place, sew the front and back sides together, leaving the bottom open (or not). If the bottom is left open, it will have a frayed look after sewing it closed. Starch and press the finished wallet.
Note: An inner lining can be added if desired. I chose not to do that.
By Monica from Cortez, CO
A handy wrist wallet for walkers or joggers to hold cash, keys, and ID.
Approximate Time: 30-60 min.
- denim scraps
- sewing machine and thread
- steam iron
- Determine the size you want for your wrist wallet and cut the 2 pieces out of denim.
- Sew a zipper on one end of a piece.
- Sew the hook and loop tape to opposite sides of the denim pieces.
- If desired, sew both pieces together first, pinning right sides together, and measure around the wrist to determine placement of the hook and loop tape.
- Sew hook and loop tape in place. With right sides together, sew one end of the wrist wallet together.
- Turn right side out and top stitch the other end together as far as each side of the zipper, taking care not to sew over the zipper.
- Turn and press as desired.
By Monica from Cortez, CORead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.