Making a Denim Wallet
Read More Comments
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- denim scraps
- leather or cloth wallet for pattern
- ink pen
- contrast fabric
- sewing machine
- spray starch
Make a pattern from a leather or cloth wallet to get the size and shape desired.
- Once you have a pattern, cut out the wallet from the denim scraps. Cut 2, reversing one for the back.
- Cut out one or two pieces of the contrasting fabric smaller that the front and back of the wallet.
- Before sewing the front and back wallet sides together, sew the "pockets" onto the denim piece that will become the inside of the wallet. Make sure you don't forget to hem the "pockets".
- Once these are sewn in place, sew the front and back sides together, leaving the bottom open (or not). If the bottom is left open, it will have a frayed look after sewing it closed. Starch and press the finished wallet.
Note: An inner lining can be added if desired. I chose not to do that.
By Monica from Cortez, CO
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A handy wrist wallet for walkers or joggers to hold cash, keys, and ID.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.