Dyeing a Sheepskin Coat

I have a brown canvas and sheepskin coat. The sheepskin is white and the canvas is brown. How do I go about dyeing the whole coat off-white? Is there a company that would do this for me? I would also be okay with just bleaching the entire coat. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

T

Answers

This is going to be tricky to get a good result. Take the coat around to dry cleaners (probably not the cheapie ones) and ask if they could do it or what they'd recommend. You might have to have the coat taken apart and the canvas treated separately.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceDecember 17, 2008
A homemade dog coat.
Making a Dog Coat
Cleaning a Sheepskin Rug
Cleaning a Sheepskin Rug
Sheepskin
Recognizing Real Sheepskin vs Faux Sheepskin
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye
🎉
🎄