Recognizing Real Sheepskin vs Faux Sheepskin

Real sheepskin is often used in making winter coats, jackets, and boots. To ensure that your new purchase is the genuine article, you will want to be able to easily recognize the difference between real and faux sheepskin. This is a guide about recognizing real sheepskin vs faux sheepskin.

Real sheepskin or shearling can be the best material for winter clothing. So how can I recognize the real or fake sheepskin coat?

By cwmalls

Answers

The tags should tell you the difference. More than likely the real ones will have to be dry cleaned. The faux sheepskin coats are usually referred to as sherpa. The faux stuff is also washable in most cases.

Real sheepskin comes on the real leather of the sheep. Faux fur is on cloth. Look at the backing. As well, it is very obvious when you feel it, which is real and which is fake, but perhaps you need a little experience to tell the difference.

I check it at cwmalls.com and found some real sheepskin coat (from the product comment), I think I can trust that and thanks for @louel53, when I recieve it I will try it and feel it!