Saving Money on Small Appliances

Category Home & Garden
The cost of buying small appliances may not be so small. Finding ways to spend less is typically a good choice. This is a page about saving money on small appliances.

I am always on the lookout for inexpensive small appliances. If you wait until it breaks, you will pay top dollar for a new one. I have found new items at thrift shops and family-run estate sales. Today I found this new Hamilton Beach convection toaster oven for $10. I downloaded the manual online. The sticker on the box is from Bed Bath and Beyond for $45.99. I have found replacement irons, electric knives, and blow dryers as well. This is great for me and my young adult children on a budget.

I saw a non-working Keurig on Freecycle. I knew about descaling it from an article written by Mary Hunt on the Debt Proof Living website, so I decided to take a chance. However, the descaling and cleaning did not work, so I called their toll-free number, and within 10 minutes the screen error the previous owner experienced was fixed and I have a great machine. I got the manual online and downloaded it.

Not only did I save myself at least $100, but I saved this machine from the landfill.

The representative was courteous and happy to help.

I cleaned the machine well and this picture shows it taken apart because I am drying it out.

Consumer Advice Shopping Home & GardenJanuary 19, 2017
🐛
📓
😎
🌻
😷
Generated 2020-07-23 17:11:44 in 909 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Small-Appliances.html