Shortening Men's Shirt Sleeves

Altering the length of sleeves can add extended wear and save you money. This guide is about shortening men's shirt sleeves.

Men's Shirt
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I am altering men's shirt sleeves from long to short. They are definitely tapered. Help please!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

you may have to taper and reshape the hem to fit, usually I measure 10" from the shoulder draw my hem line with chalk, leave a 1 1/2 hem hem allowance to be turned under once for a nice finish. You can then judge if you split the seam if you can make it fit, press the hem allowance up. It usually works just fine.

Read More Answers...

How can you shorten men's long sleeve shirts to short sleeves? After cutting off the sleeves my hems end up not being big enough around so they leave little pleats at the seam line. I often take out a small length of the underarm seam where I turn up the hem but that doesn't work to well. I have received about 25 long sleeve shirts and want to shorten the sleeves. Big savings.

Seamtress from Illinois

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Is there an easier way to shorten sleeve just about 1" without taking the sleeve off the shirt

Read More Answers...
T-shirt
Tightening T-shirt Sleeves
Saving Money on Cufflinks
Saving Money on Cufflinks
A business suit with a white shirt and red tie.
Saving Money on Men's Suits
Nice light blue dress shirt.
Making Shirt Collars Last Longer
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 1:26:11 AM on 10.0.0.73 in 321 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.