Scenery: Antique Horse Drawn Hearse (1800's)

The last ride is a journey home! This hearse was from the 1800's and a pair of white mules pulled it home. Years ago, this would have a everyday ride, but not today. Wonderful way to honor and respect the passing of a friend.

Source: Beggs Funeral Home

By Judy A.

Oh! My husband would love this!! As sad as the occasion is, I think it is wonderful that they honored this person in the way they would have loved.

Thanks for sharing. I've never seen anything like it.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

A scene like this convinced me to move to Ohio. 'Twas a funeral cortege for a marine killed in Iraq. Hearse was a horse-drawn antique. Surrounding area in Hudson, OH, was so wonderfully green, along with the trees. I was raised in northern MN so was used to greenery. But I was living in southern CA at the time, next county south of LA. It's all desert down there, with rat-ridden palm trees and thorns on all plants. No thank you.

I wouldn't want my worst enemy to live down there.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Although this photo depicted a somber occasion, it makes us older folks realize how it was for our grandparents and great grandparents. Thanks for a lovely photo to bring long ago memories back to us!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Photos SceneryMarch 29, 2011
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
A table filled with antique nicknacks.
Starting an Antique Business
Mare and Foal in a Corral
Saving Money on Horse Boarding
Rocking Horse
Recycled Rocking Horse Craft Ideas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2017 at 8:40:06 PM on 10.0.2.106 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.