Scenery: Antique Horse Drawn Hearse (1800's)

The last ride is a journey home! This hearse was from the 1800's and a pair of white mules pulled it home. Years ago, this would have a everyday ride, but not today. Wonderful way to honor and respect the passing of a friend.

Source: Beggs Funeral Home

By Judy A.

Oh! My husband would love this!! As sad as the occasion is, I think it is wonderful that they honored this person in the way they would have loved.

Thanks for sharing. I've never seen anything like it.

A scene like this convinced me to move to Ohio. 'Twas a funeral cortege for a marine killed in Iraq. Hearse was a horse-drawn antique. Surrounding area in Hudson, OH, was so wonderfully green, along with the trees. I was raised in northern MN so was used to greenery. But I was living in southern CA at the time, next county south of LA. It's all desert down there, with rat-ridden palm trees and thorns on all plants. No thank you.

I wouldn't want my worst enemy to live down there.

Although this photo depicted a somber occasion, it makes us older folks realize how it was for our grandparents and great grandparents. Thanks for a lovely photo to bring long ago memories back to us!

Photos SceneryMarch 29, 2011
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
A table filled with antique nicknacks.
Starting an Antique Business
Mare and Foal in a Corral
Saving Money on Horse Boarding
Rocking Horse
Recycled Rocking Horse Craft Ideas
🎄
🍂