Fungi and Mushroom Photos

Category Garden
While all mushrooms are fungi, not all fungi are mushrooms. Mushrooms are the spore bearing fruiting body of certain types of fungi. This is a page about fungi and mushroom photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

We found this elegant stinkhorn growing in our flowerbed. It came up overnight. It is a mushroom that supposedly puts off a horrid smell. We found ours before it had a chance to begin to smell bad apparently.

I photographed it and then dug it up and disposed of it in the trash. From what I have read they can take over your garden and we have put a lot of work into our gardens. Plus this stinkhorn was found in our garden next to our front door and I didn't want to take a chance for it to start smelling rank.

The egg sac contained a new stinkhorn that had not yet emerged from the egg yet (I dissected the egg sac before throwing it away out of curiosity). This is the second elegant stinkhorn that has come up in our yard this season. Not sure why they have suddenly shown up. We have never seen these before anywhere in our region. They are not hard to miss against the green grass or the brown mulch. They are bright red and, at first glance, look like a finger. Sorta freaky at first glance. :)

By lovingnature from TN

white and red elongated mushroom

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

These are a few pics I took walking around the yard.

By Teresa

bright white mushroom

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Photo Description
While on holiday in Knysna, we visited the Garden of Eden, an indigenous forest halfway between Knysna and Plettenberg Bay. While walking the easy trail that winds through the forest, I came across this group of mushrooms. It looked like a fairy tea garden and I was waiting for the fairies to come out and play. A real unexpected gem!

Photo Location
Garden of Eden, South Africa.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

I got out of my car at the mall and almost stepped on these amazing mushrooms growing in the curb area. They were so vibrantly red...fit for Alice in Wonderland! A wonderfully unexpected surprise. :)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

While out with my 17 year old grandson shopping for a Halloween mask, we saw these beautiful orange fungi in the planter median of the strip mall. I don't know exactly what type of mushroom they are but they were so bright and fun to see.

We jumped out of the car with cell phone cameras at the ready.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

My mother was taking her walk in the woods at the cottage and happened upon this fab mushroom. I snapped this shot after something took a bite out of the side.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Wild mushroom or toadstool I can just imagine a little fairy sticking her head out to peek at me!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

I'm finding odd shaped and colored mushrooms in my yard. Some are pretty, some are not.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes
Photos GardenJuly 27, 2014
🎂
🌻
📓