Moss and Fungi Photos

Category Garden
We are all wowed by beautiful flowers and graceful trees, but don't overlook the beauty of the numerous varieties of moss and fungi present in nature. This page contains moss and fungi photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
On a recent trip to a local plant nursery, my son decided to have a toddler tantrum. He refused to get into his carseat so I walked around the parking lot with him until he calmed down. As we were walking over by the dumpster, we saw an old wooden shelf that had this amazing lichen and fungus growing on it! It was like a little "garden" tucked away just for us. If not for his tantrum, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy this hidden treasure. :)

Photo Location
Oregon

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Top Comment

I just KNEW it was from the Pacific Northwest! My neighbor's old decrepit porch looks just like that with the same lichens and mushroom-like growths.

I have taken many photos of it!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photo Description
On a recent visit to my parents' house, my daughter wanted me to take her photo by the weeping cherry tree in the backyard. While I was out there I noticed the little clumps of moss growing on the fence and thought it looked neat peeking out from between the blossoms. I love all the hidden moss that you can find growing everywhere in the Pacific NW!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Photo Description
I was recently housesitting for my mom and as I was leaving I came across this lovely sight! These tiny tuffs of moss are no bigger than a dime and were covered in droplets of rain. I absolutely love the miniature landscapes tucked away all over the place where we live!

Photo Location
Bremerton, Washington

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes