Removing WD-40 Stain from a T-shirt

I used WD-40 to remove a grease stain from a t-shirt. Now the WD-40 won't come out. What will work to remove the new stain?

Connie from Imperial, MO

Best Answer

Try using GOOP, the hand cleaner. Scrub it in really well with an old toothbrush.

Best Answer

Dawn dish detergent works very good on any oil stain, they use it to clean up after oil slicks so it must work ! I use it instead of a pretreater.

Best Answer

I use Zout, no I didn't misspell Shout. I use it on ALL my stains... red wine, spagetti sauce, grease. It will even take out stains that you have missed, laundered and dried. Just spray it on, rub it in and toss in the washer.

dish detergent, i used it after using WD40 and it worked fine, put it directly on the WD40, let is sit for 5-10 minutes then right into the washer

Cleaning WD-40 Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJune 4, 2008
House With Vinyl Siding
Removing Wood Stain From Vinyl Siding
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors