Book Light Alternatives

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could use in place of a book light. I like reading at night with a book night light that attaches to the book so I won't disturb my hubby. However, the replacement bulbs are hard to find and I always end up buying another book light. I have bought so many book lights because I can never find the replacement bulbs. Can you offer any advice?

Onesummer

How about rigging up a night light plugged into an extension cord? You probably have these items in your home already.

The 1st thought that came to my head was a miners hat.

The "miner's hat" idea isn't that far off base. Go to the flashlight department of Wal Mart (or similar store). You can find a small, very bright light that is attached to an elastic band to put around your head. It's perfect for reading. This is what I used when our power went out. Some of these light can get pretty pricey, but Ray-O-Vac makes one for children that costs about $5.00 and works just as well for adults.

Two ideas come to mind. Cap lights that connect to your cap, like here on ebay in this link. And I have also seen these sold in harriet carter catalogs or in harbor frieght tool catalogs. And the other idea that came to mind was a small solar yard light inwhich you could just hold in your hand or place in a coffee cup by your bed to use. They also sell tiny solar floating pond lights in which you could use in the same way.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cap-Light-with- ... QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

LED light source..

Recommend selectable lamp sources; two or more might be too bright or result in glare... LED also are generally battery operated..

http://www.mightybright.com/Book_Li ... tml?gclid=CPqNgPbvypgCFSXaDAodQWFv1Q

Some years ago we had a night light that clipped on the bed headboard. These should still be available perhaps in the hardware area and sometime in the little "gifty" small catalog brochures.

Replacement bulbs can be found at most hardware stores. Save the old bulb and take it with you and ask for help.

I use a solar flashlight. I put it on the window ledge during the day and use it just about every night. Works beautifully and is renewable, I hate to spend money on batteries.

Consumer Advice General AdviceFebruary 6, 2009
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
🎄
🍂