Use a Scoop for Potting Plants

You know how difficult it is to scoop up potting soil when potting plants? Well, they make a wonderful tool for that, one that I had not seen and was pointed out to me.

Now, I am pointing out this tip to you. Get yourself a big scoop designed for just this purpose. Some of them have an edge with teeth that helps you open the bags of potting soil.

This tool will make potting, repotting and planting much easier. Glad someone passed the tip on to me.

By Rika from Brunswick, Georgia

Hey! That gives me an idea for something I needed last night. I was just repotting some spider plants and I had an awful mess going because I was using my hands to get the soil out of the bag. I needed a scoop, and the ones from a box of detergent would have been perfect.

I feel like the V-8 commercial, "Wow, I coulda used a detergent scoop!"

I usually use an old plastic cup for scooping. Sometimes I use the temporary plastic container a plant came in, or a trowel. Whatever's handy. Carol

Foot and Shovel Digging to Plant in Garden
Tips for Potting Plants
Home and Garden Gardening Helpful HintsFebruary 24, 2009
Potted plant that is too big for its pot.
Transferring Plants to Larger Pots
Reusing Potting Soil
Reusing Potting Soil
Making a Potting Bench
Making a Potting Bench
A wild raccoon looking up.
Rescuing Wild Animals
🎉
🎄