Quilt Square Pillows
Don't throw away those quilt squares. If you made too many squares while making a quilt keep them and make a pillow to match the quilt or just to use on your bed or chair for decoration.
Approximate Time: 1/2 hour
- extra quilting squares left over from a project
- sewing machine
- tape measure
- fabric for the back
- pillow form or stuffing
- Measure your already made quilt square.
- Cut a piece of fabric for the back, the same size. Or if you want to make it a little bigger, you can cut strips of fabric and sew around the quilt square to make it larger. It's like adding a border to a quilt top. Like the red and blue one in the picture.
- Put right sides together and sew around, but leave a hole open big enough to stuff it or push the pillow form into.
- Clip the extra fabric off on each corner and turn right sides out.
- Stuff with batting or a pillow form and smooth out the bumps and wrinkles.
- Fold the seam allowance in and press. This makes it easier when hand stitching the hole closed.
- Hand stitch the opening closed and now you have a lovely pillow to match your quilt.
By Little Suzy from OH
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 3:26:23 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us