Quilted Hot Pad
November 13, 2020
I was given some completed, pieced quilt squares and there was an extra quilt square I couldn't use in the quilt I was making. I don't like to throw useful things away, so I made it into this quilted hot pad.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 11 by 11" quilt square
- 1 11 by 11" fabric square for back
- 1 11 by 11" batting square for middle
- Cut a piece of batting and backing to fit size of your quilt square. Pin all three layers together like a sandwich. Right side up for quilt square, then batting, then wrong side down for backing fabric. Pin together.
- Machine quilt to hold all three layers in place. I chose to machine quilt along the seam line of the pieced fabric squares and rectangles.
- Trim the batting and backing to a 1/4" seam. This will allow you to fold down the top fabric to the underneath side to finish the edges.
- Fold the top fabric twice and pin on underneath side. Handstitch. Add a plastic ring for hanging if desired.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.