Quilted Hot Pad

I was given some completed, pieced quilt squares and there was an extra quilt square I couldn't use in the quilt I was making. I don't like to throw useful things away, so I made it into this quilted hot pad.

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1

1. Cut a piece of batting and backing to fit size of your quilt square. Pin all three layers together like a sandwich. Right side up for quilt square, then batting, then wrong side down for backing fabric. Pin together.
  2. Machine quilt to hold all three layers in place. I chose to machine quilt along the seam line of the pieced fabric squares and rectangles.
  3. Trim the batting and backing to a 1/4" seam. This will allow you to fold down the top fabric to the underneath side to finish the edges.
  4. Fold the top fabric twice and pin on underneath side. Handstitch. Add a plastic ring for hanging if desired.

Crafts Quilting IdeasNovember 13, 2020
🍂
🎄
😷
Generated 2020-11-18 11:20:10 in 764 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Quilted-Hot-Pad.html