Can I Paint Protecto Film Placed Over Wallpaper?

My son would like me to paint his walls a more neutral color. He is now living in his older sister's bedroom and she would prefer if we didn't take off her childhood wall paper.

So I thought if I used "Protecto Film" (used to cover school books) which easily peels off from wall paper and I painted it a more masculine color, I might solve my problem. What would be the best way to paint it?

By Fern from North Woodmere, NY

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Paint would not stick, you would need to sand paper it to prep the walls. Defeating the purpose of protecting with a plastic covering. Is this covering like contact paper? Either way, you have to prep for paint to stick.

The easiest way to cover walls is to use sheets. I think you could staple them over the wall paper. Not sure of the film you are speaking about, then how would you paint over it? Is this wallpaper still available? Buy enough to redo the room, then paint over it if it's in good condition, or take it down. Best of luck to you!

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJuly 29, 2010
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 8:24:13 PM on 10.0.1.223 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.