Trash Bag For the Car

I have been able to keep my car cleaned up, by hanging a plastic grocery bag on the back of the front passenger seat with a velcro cord holder. (This is a nylon web with velcro on the ends. I was able to find 10/$1 at the Dollar Store.) I put the holder around the metal head rest post and attach the grocery bag. It is easy and safe to get to while I am driving, and it is out of the way. MUCH better than throwing trash on the floor!

By dcnfamily from Reno, NV

I like your method better than hubby's - his little plastic grocery bag seems to wander around our van. :P

I drive a van all day for a company where we transport medicaid people to doctors, dentists, therapy, etc. I accumulate a lot of trash. For a while i was able to find little bags in a holder at Kroger, but they've quite carrying them. Can't remember what they were called, so now I use a grocery bag, but tie a knot in the bottom, turn the knot inside and it's not so long and hang it over the turn signal post next to my left leg. It's handier and since I often have people in the back seats, I can't have it over the passenger seat. Anytime I see a trash can that is handy, I just turn the bag upside down to empty and hang it back in the van.

A recycled market bag made from plastic grocery bags.
Uses for Plastic Grocery Bags
Consumer Advice Cars Helpful HintsMarch 21, 2011
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans