Put Sensitive Shredded Documents in Used Diapers

For those who still have diaper duty at home and shred their sensitive documents. Throw some of that shredded paper in the diaper before you wrap it up and toss it out. No one will be willing to try and piece that info back together.

Source: Just thinking of uses for shredded paper after my daughter and I had a blast throwing it at each other after shredding 2009's old documents.

By Kris from Bladenboro, NC

ROFL! Makes me wish I still had the pitter-patter of tiny feet around the house so I could use this one.

Wonder if throwing the shreds in my doggie doo bags may have the same effect.

Great tip.

Anonymous

Good tip! Mixing in with used kitty litter will work too. ;-)

I'm a kitty litter mixer, too!

In MN, esp our county of Swift, these special delivery components are composted. If you shred your own paper, it can go into the compost as well for break down. They don't go to landfill. Back in the early 90's P&G set forth to see what would happen with their diapers and how to keep them out of the landfills. Our county was chosen for the project. We have sorted garbage since, and most goes to recycling or compost. So it does not matter if you are rural and take it to the trash barrel to burn, to the garbage pickup, etc. But if it is put into the garbage, not shredded, in the diaper, people with gloves on will sort it. That is what recycling centers are able. Most labor comes from sentence to serve prisoners working off their jail-bail or crime-time.

One of my husband's uses is to put in worm bedding for fishing, in the spring and fall it can be dug down in the garden as compost.

Very funny! I was a kitty litter mixer, too back in the days when I used the clay stuff. When I used to cut up credit cards and sensitive information, I would half the cut up piles and throw half in my home garbage (in the used litter), and take half to work (in a different town and county) where I threw it in the kitchen trash with the coffee grounds! Thank goodness we now have slicer dicer shredders!

Since I raise both rabbits and chickens I use the shredded paper in the rabbit and chicken nest boxes, and when it's duty is done there, into my raised garden boxes it goes. Even the plastic cards get chopped up, granted we try not to use them in the rabbit boxes because the rabbit does love to chew on things, but the shredded paper sure does make gathering eggs a lot easier and the egg stays a lot cleaner since we have started this. We used to use hay, straw, pine shavings, nothing seemed to work, but the paper is working so far.