Can I Give Milk Of Magnesia To My Dog?

My Dachshund is constipated so I gave him milk of magnesia and a second later he pooped out brown watery looking poop is he OK?

By Addie from TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

First, make sure your dog isn't impacted (feces "stuck"high in the colon). You may want the vet to do this via x-ray. A digital rectal (finger inserted into rectum) will not go "high" enough to check for an impaction. But for just a day by day constipation, MoM is OK.

Best Answer

Hello, I have worked for a veterinarian for over 27 years. Please do not ever give your dog/cat anything over the counter unless your vet says too. Doing this can be dangerous to the health of your animal.

While in some cases you maybe right but remember people love their dogs walk them on leash,pick up their droppings,feed and groom daily but they just do not have the funds they once had so to visit a vet becomes impossible and giving dog away is NOT the answer so we check and see if some medications can be used for their relief.

Basset Hound with first aid kit and stethoscope
Can I Give Milk of Magnesia to My Dog?
Pets Dogs HealthSeptember 8, 2010
Almond Milk
Using Almond Milk
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:30:33 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.