Make Hot Chocolate With Milk

Add milk to hot chocolate or cocoa! I worry about Hubby and Son getting enough calcium, so I often add some cold milk to their hot cocoa or chocolate. It cools the drink down enough for Son, and adds a nice flavor to inexpensive powdered mixes. And it uses up milk in the not-drinking-much months!

By Dorrie from Norman, OK

An even better idea is to make hot chocolate with all milk and chocolate milk mix (Nesquik or Ovaltine).

Just heat the milk in the microwave and stir in the mix. It's just as easy as the instant kind, has more calcium and tastes a lot better because you can control the amount of chocolate flavor.

I always use just milk in the hot chocolate....water tastes, well, watery. lol!

Ditto on the first two posts ;-)

I tried hot chocolate only once with water ... It's just not the same as good ol' hot chocolate made with milk ;-) I also add a dash of Vanilla Extract which is yummy, yummy ;-)

If you have/use Hershey's (powdered) Cocoa, which is a standard baking ingredient, here's the recipe I use for microwaving one cup:

Combine 1 heaping teaspoon Hershey's Cocoa and 2 heaping teaspoons sugar in microwave-safe cup or mug. Add 2 teaspoons cold milk; stir until smooth. Fill cup with milk. Microwave for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until hot. Add a dash of vanilla extract. Stir to blend.

We've always made ours with milk. I mean, hot chocolate? With water? Ugh! Chocolate's meant to be milky and smooth and creamy.

You can't beat it :D

Hot Chocolate With Cookies
Hot Chocolate (Cocoa) Tips And Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesDecember 18, 2008
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes