Softening Hard Powdered Drink Mix?

Category Beverages
This is a page about softening hard powdered drink mix. Breaking up hardened drink mix powder makes it easier to measure and prepare drinks.

I have some powdered lemonade that is hard. Is there a way to get rid of the hardness?

Answers

Best Answer

Put it in a blender or food processor to break up the clumps.

I am trying to remove the moisture from Gatorade mix that was left open. I have it in the oven on 200. It has been there 3 hours, but it doesn't seem to be working very well. I don't have any rice on hand. Any other suggestions? Since I live in Florida, I do not think that leaving it out, on say paper towels, is a viable option; the humidity is inescapable.

Oh yeah, it is a bulk 10 lbs. container. This I do not wish to just pitch:)

Please advise.

Answers

Maybe try pulverizing it first, depending on how chunky or wet it is. If it's just sticking together, try breaking it up. If it's super wet, try putting that mass in a big bag with a slice of apple, then smash it when it's dried.

We have saved spices that clumped together by running it thru the food processor. Then letting each batch rest on the counter. It works, but the spices are never quite as good. I imagine it is the same with drink mix. If it wasn't such a huge amount I would just say make it up and freeze it. If you had the space that might work.

You can use a rolling pin and crush it.

I agree with Judy about using a rolling pin as you do not really have to pulverize it or I would not think it would be necessary.

Have your tried placing chunks on a cookie sheet and leave this in your oven for a while?

Why not try placing some chunks in a large plastic baggie (less than half full) and roll until they are crumbly and then lay them out in a large cookie sheet to dry (do not close the baggie while doing this). Maybe try the cookie sheet in your oven.

Since most people no longer have a rolling pin, you may have to find a substitute - maybe a round jar or maybe just give the chunks a few whacks to break them up (still in the open baggie) if nothing else is around.

Im trying a slice of bread in a canister of chunky lemonade powder.....since it works for brown sugar it made sense to me. Ill let you know how it works out.

well?

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesDecember 14, 2015
📓
😎
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Softening-Hard-Powdered-Drink-Mix.html