Homemade Lip Balm

Does anyone have a recipe for lip balm? I am going broke buying those little tubes of it for the grandkids who keep losing it.

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

You almost might want to collect containers for the gloss - like re-cycled small cups they use to give out juice samples, etc. - or other square re-cycled containers. If anyone uses dental wax for braces, etc. - those flat little containers are also great for that.

Put a little crisco solid shortening and honey together until you like the consistency. You could just use crisco alone, but it tastes better with honey and honey is good for t he skin.

Valentine's Day is coming up, and it's a great time to find little trinkets (just like Easter, Christmas, etc). I have often found, in the after-holiday sales, candy-flavored lip balms for a dime. I stock up and use them for party favors. It's worth a look!

Do a goole search for homemade lip balm and you will come up with lots of recipes.

Go to www.recipezaar.com in the search bar type in

Lip Balm, there are 10 recipes to choose from

Just have an open container of Vaseline for them to use, kept in the house. They might be asking for more because they like the flavor so they overapply and eat the stuff.

Melt a small tab of lipstick with some Vaseline in the microwave. Stir in some strawberry flavouring. Spoon it into a small jar, and let it harden slightly. This can be applied with a finger or a lipstick brush.

I used the little containers to hold small craft supplies (Like beads). I use my finger to apply it. I warmed up a gob of Vaseline and added some cocoa powder. I didn't measure it, I just stirred it in until it looked good. It leaves just a light tint on your lips. It doesn't taste like chocolate, but the smell is divine!

Answer

This lip balm recipe is easy to make and pretty versatile. You can try different flavoring oils to suite your taste.

Indgredients:

• 1/4 cup vegetable or nut oil (Example: Almond oil)
  • 1/4 ounce beeswax
  • 1 teaspoon honey or glycerine
  • 1/2 to 1 teaspoon natural flavoring oil (Example: Peppermint or Lemon oil)

Directions:

Melt beeswax in a double boiler. Remove from heat and whip with an electric beater until creamy. Combine other ingredients and whip until thoroughly mixed. Store in an airtight jar.

Homemade Lip Balm

You can also mix some Vaseline with Koolaid powder, it tastes great! (07/11/2004)

By Sara

Homemade Lip Balm

If you want a honey one you can use:

• honey
  • almond oil
Mix an equal amount of both and then put in microwave until boiling and then put in a small container it the fridge. It it really shiny and it tastes great! (10/04/2006)

By Pink

Homemade Lip Balm

Use Pixi Stix to give the lip gloss flavor. All you need to do is heat up petroleum jelly in the microwave and mix Pixi Stix powder with it and you have an awesome flavored lip gloss! (06/07/2008)

By Antonia

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Plain White Lip Balm on Blue Background
Homemade Lip Balm Recipes
Make Your Own CosmeticsJanuary 28, 2009
A girl putting on lip balm.
Cleaning Lip Balm Stains From Clothing
lip gloss puddle and applicator
Homemade Lip Gloss Recipes
Making Lip Balm
Making Lip Balm
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 10, 2016 at 12:08:41 PM on 10.0.0.226 in 290 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.