Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Lip Balm

Does anyone have a recipe for lip balm? I am going broke buying those little tubes of it for the grandkids who keep losing it.

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Aubrey Malcolm03/19/2009

I used the little containers to hold small craft supplies (Like beads). I use my finger to apply it. I warmed up a gob of Vaseline and added some cocoa powder. I didn't measure it, I just stirred it in until it looked good. It leaves just a light tint on your lips. It doesn't taste like chocolate, but the smell is divine!

By Cathy from Townsville, QLD (Guest Post)02/02/2009

Melt a small tab of lipstick with some Vaseline in the microwave. Stir in some strawberry flavouring. Spoon it into a small jar, and let it harden slightly. This can be applied with a finger or a lipstick brush.

By Kim Churchman [3]01/31/2009

Just have an open container of Vaseline for them to use, kept in the house. They might be asking for more because they like the flavor so they overapply and eat the stuff.

By LEONA LABINE [40]01/30/2009

Go to www.recipezaar.com in the search bar type in
Lip Balm, there are 10 recipes to choose from

By Anne (Guest Post)01/30/2009

Do a goole search for homemade lip balm and you will come up with lots of recipes.

By Sara [1]01/29/2009

Valentine's Day is coming up, and it's a great time to find little trinkets (just like Easter, Christmas, etc). I have often found, in the after-holiday sales, candy-flavored lip balms for a dime. I stock up and use them for party favors. It's worth a look!

By Racer (Guest Post)01/29/2009

Put a little crisco solid shortening and honey together until you like the consistency. You could just use crisco alone, but it tastes better with honey and honey is good for t he skin.

By pam munro [447]01/28/2009

You almost might want to collect containers for the gloss - like re-cycled small cups they use to give out juice samples, etc. - or other square re-cycled containers. If anyone uses dental wax for braces, etc. - those flat little containers are also great for that.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Homemade Lip Balm

This lip balm recipe is easy to make and pretty versatile. You can try different flavoring oils to suite your taste.

Indgredients:

• 1/4 cup vegetable or nut oil (Example: Almond oil)
  • 1/4 ounce beeswax
  • 1 teaspoon honey or glycerine
  • 1/2 to 1 teaspoon natural flavoring oil (Example: Peppermint or Lemon oil)

Directions:

Melt beeswax in a double boiler. Remove from heat and whip with an electric beater until creamy. Combine other ingredients and whip until thoroughly mixed. Store in an airtight jar.

RE: Homemade Lip Balm

You can also mix some Vaseline with Koolaid powder, it tastes great! (07/11/2004)

By Sara

RE: Homemade Lip Balm

If you want a honey one you can use:

• honey
  • almond oil
Mix an equal amount of both and then put in microwave until boiling and then put in a small container it the fridge. It it really shiny and it tastes great! (10/04/2006)

By Pink

RE: Homemade Lip Balm

Use Pixi Stix to give the lip gloss flavor. All you need to do is heat up petroleum jelly in the microwave and mix Pixi Stix powder with it and you have an awesome flavored lip gloss! (06/07/2008)

By Antonia