Making Your Own Wite-Out

Category Miscellaneous
Wite-Out correction fluid helps make quick corrections to documents and other projects, it also has craft uses. This is a guide about making your own Wite-Out.

How do we thin out liquid paper when it becomes too thick to apply?

By Levone C. from Denver, CO

Answers

I don't think it can be done. Toss it and buy a new one. I prefer to use the pen type.

I haven't used Liquid Paper in years, because everything is done on the computer now, but we used to be able to buy Liquid Paper thinner.

Anonymous

White out thinner is acetone. So is nail polish remover. At a job yrs ago our lady boss refused to approve buying ofc sply store white out thinner. A bottle of nail polish remover is ridiculously cheaper and its the same stuff.

Ordinary rubbing alcohol will thin white out. You can also remove some marker ink with a dab of bleach but only when the ink is fresh and don't rub just dab with a q-tip.

The best and most effective way to thin out liquid paper is to put about 4 to 5 drops of hand sanitizer in it. Works like new, and dries smooth. Thanks, Tombo

Put in a few drops of nail polish remover.

How can you make colored white out?

By dylan mehringer from Jasper, IN

Answers

I don't think you can. If you need a product like white out that is colored, perhaps you should try craft paint. Some colors might be opaque enough to work.

Some colors are transparent, and won't do the same job. Artist acrylic paints are also available, but they are more expensive. Why do you need colored white out?

I wanted buff/tan color white out for to make a correction on buff/tan color business cards. I suppose someone might want to make corrections on any color paper.

How do you make or reuse old White Out (liquid paper)?

By Denise from Benecia, CA

Answers

I can't find a 'real' recipe for white out online. I suppose you could use white paint on a tiny brush. Maybe somehow get white chalk dust goopy enough to stick to paper?

To MARIE: I found your ? about how 2 make homemade whiteout, found a post with impossible to find chemicals, so scrolled down a bit to THIS post: Vodka, a splash of white paint (try water soluable rather than enamel), a bit of flour + 2 spoons of water. Further comment was: It will also wash out of clothing & material very nicely. SO - This vodka recipe sounds like a plan--Think I'll try it.

What can I use to thin out liquid paper? I find it gets thick too quickly.

By Lyn B

Answers

You can use acetate but I recommend you toss it and get a white out pen like the photo. They are amazing, with no mess. Hope that helps.