Make Your Own White Out (Liquid Paper)

How do you make or reuse old White Out (liquid paper)?

By Denise from Benecia, CA

I can't find a 'real' recipe for white out online. I suppose you could use white paint on a tiny brush. Maybe somehow get white chalk dust goopy enough to stick to paper?

To MARIE: I found your ? about how 2 make homemade whiteout, found a post with impossible to find chemicals, so scrolled down a bit to THIS post: Vodka, a splash of white paint (try water soluable rather than enamel), a bit of flour + 2 spoons of water. Further comment was: It will also wash out of clothing & material very nicely. SO - This vodka recipe sounds like a plan--Think I'll try it.

I use a great deal of white out to clean up mistakes on paper. How do you make white out, and how do you clean out the bottles to reuse? Thanks for your help in this situation.

Cheryl Ryle

Answers:

Make Your Own White Out (Liquid Paper)

I have been told that white out is simply a little bottle of enamel paint. If you buy a small container of white paint in the hardware store, it will give you a lot of refills. To clean out the bottle, you can use mineral spirits or turpentine in a well ventilated area. (01/07/2005)

By cosmic

Make Your Own White Out (Liquid Paper)

Vodka, a splash of white paint, and bit of flour (with 2 spoons of water). Makes very nice whiteout (and comes off from clothes quite easy, but sticks to paper). (02/24/2008)

I would like to know how to make a liquid paper.

By Precious from PH

Answers:

Make Your Own White Out (Liquid Paper)

Here is what I found on ehow.com:

The Chemicals:

Correction fluid is made using an assortment of chemicals to create a fluid that spreads across normal typing or writing errors. The first chemical is titanium dioxide, which has a color index of pigment white, the standard color for correction fluid. Next are the solvent naphtha, petroleum, and light aliphatic, which mix with the initial chemical. Resin, mineral spirits, colorants, fragrance, and dispersant also combine with the rest of the chemicals to create the opaque, white substance.

Trichloroethane, a thinning agent, is no longer used due to its toxicity under Proposition 65. (11/10/2009)

By keeper60