Tennis Ball Massage

contest winner icon

For a do-it-yourself back massage that works every time, try this: Place two tennis balls into the toe of a man's long tube sock. Hold the sock by the top and lower the toe of the sock (with the balls inside) over your shoulder and onto your back. Place the balls where your back aches and lean up against a wall. Now bend your legs and move your body up and down and back and forth. The balls will roll over your ache and relieve your pain. I love it and use it often.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Top Comment

I use this too, only I lie on the balls on the floor or bed. It is a wonderful way to break up those muscle knots/spasms that nothing else seems to relieve. It's well worth the cost of a few tennis balls.

Awright!! best idea I've seen all week!

I do this as well, but I lay down on my bed...the bed gives a little more than a wall does and it is much more comfortable.

If I need more intense, I will lay on the floor. Here again it is more comfortable than standing and leaning against a wall. Just my opinion...

I think there might be a run on tennis balls now!

You can bet I will be remembering THIS one!!! Now the dog and I will REALLY fight over those tennis balls! ;)

God Bless,

Sheila in Titusville, FL

There was a physical therapy do it yourself book that advocated this method, without the sock, I recall. Don't know the name of the book.

Tennis Ball on White Background
Uses for Tennis Balls
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 10, 2007
Old Tennis Shoes
Uses for Old Tennis Shoes
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
A single tennis ball on a white background
Using Tennis Balls in the Dryer