Craft Birdhouses

contest winner icon

This is a craft that my mother-in-law and I made. It uses empty seed packets. Pick 6 of your favorite images for the project. I prefer to use 2 of the same for the roof. We hot glued the packages to a block of Styrofoam. We used 2 packages for the roof. Carefully open the lids to act as an overhang. You can also use a piece of cardboard for the roof. We also included moss for the space between the roof and sides. For the ledge for the front of the birdhouse, look for items in your garden for the mushroom birds to sit on. Ours used a cinnamon stick. Decorate the top of the birdhouse with snippets of floral items. Enjoy!

By Denise from NE

those are sooooooooooooo cute! thanks for the pics & instructions Happy New Year :-)

wow, beautiful!

Cute as can be!

Now this is CUTE!!! I knew I'd been saving those empty seed packs for SOMETHING!!! Thanks for the great idea!!!

thats so AWSOME! WOW ! Great idea !!!

thats so AWSOME! WOW ! Great idea !!!

Wow so great looking. What a great idea to use as an project with children in church school.

Very, very cute!! I love the seed packets pictures. This is a good craft for seniors and children at school, Girl Scouts or Sunday School classes. Is this your original idea? You should sumbit it to Birds and Blooms magazine. It's is a real charming idea!!

Love your birdhouse idea and would love to share with my crafters on the web. If I have permission please send me a e-mail at jogebczyk AT yahoo.com

These are so cute! I especially love the fact that you used seed packets. Makes a nice yard/garden ornament or gift for someone. Great idea & they came out wonderful! Thanks for sharing them.

P.S. If anyone is going to put outside; remember to put a water-proof clear coat on them 1st! Wouldn't want them to fall apart!

Mini birdhouse wedding shower favor
Decorative Birdhouse Crafts
Crafts Recycled Crafts DecorDecember 28, 2007
A wooden birdhouse near a rose.
Garden Birdhouses
Rustic birdhouse.
Scrap Wood Birdhouses
Bird at a Feeder
Filling Birdhouses and Feeders
Bird House
Keeping Bees Out of Bird Houses
🎉
🎄