Garden Birdhouses

Birdhouses placed about your garden can encourage a variety of birds to set up housekeeping. This is a guide about garden birdhouses.

Prior to mating season is a good time to ready your birdhouses for your feathered visitors. A thorough examination and cleaning of the houses will ensure their continuing return to your garden. This is a guide about preparing bird houses for spring.

Birdhouse attached to the side of the house, surrounded by flowers.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

My Dad was very handy and the house and yard had lots of his handiwork. He passed away in 2008, so all of these things hold even more special meaning to us. We brought this birdhouse to our new home when we moved my mother last year.

We were so excited to see that a mama (or daddy) bird had built a nest in the birdhouse and there was one or more little ones. We can't see inside, but we hear them and see that the parents are feeding them.

By Phyllis

Comment Like this photo? 11

This is a picture of a old shed in my yard that my husband painted. My favorite flowers are blooming, Peonies. The birdhouse was made by my husband's father that is deceased now and my grandson painted it for us.

By Dorothy W. from New Creek, WV

Red Peonies and Birdhouse Against Side of Red Shed

Comment Like this photo? 10

Photo Description
This is a deck garden with an ornamental birdhouse on the railing. Last summer it was claimed by a couple who used it to start their family! The close proximity to humans didn't bother them at all.

Photo Location
Blue Mountain Village, Saylorsburg PA

Comment Like this photo? 5

This birdhouse was constructed from an old barn that was torn down, the metal roof of the birdhouse is from the old barn also. This birdhouse sits on the deck ledge next to my beautiful tearose. The bud of the tearose leaned up against the old barn birdhouse and the beauty of the rose against the old wood gives a sense of the old and the new coming together as one.

By WandaJo from Tennessee

A wooden birdhouse near a rose.

Comment Like this photo? Yes