Send E-Cards Instead of Greeting Cards

Instead of paper cards, send e-cards. Go to www.hallmark.com where you'll find several appropriate free cards. You can schedule them way ahead of time, too, and they'll be delivered on the appropriate date, worry free. E-cards are free, easy and "green".

Source: a friend

By annelaundrie from Green Bay, WI

I never open these E-cards unless the person sending it lets me know via Email or something that they have sent it. Most of the ones that I get are spam or phishing or worse, contain a virus program. Be very, very careful of E-cards!

I agree with duanedv. Be vary careful.

One thing I have started to do when sending free ecards is first off select a card from a reputable site. Then when I select a card I send it to myself from myself at an email account I use that is NOT my primary email account. I 'copy & paste' the card link from the email and send that link in an email from me to the recipient. That way they know it is from me and doesn't subject them to any spam or worse.

As "green " as it may be I would recommend NOT to send e-cards (and I'm a child of technology).

Many people are concerned about trojans/viruses/spam and delete them without ever looking at them (as duanedv mentioned).

Some people receive only emails put in a safe list and would never get the notice from Hallmark that they have a card.

And an E-card is momentary. I cherish the cards I received from my daughter. And I have all the cards from Christmas and use them each year to decorate.

And like my kids I really enjoy getting mail that isn't junk. As simple as it might be a card in the mail is kind of precious. It shows someone really cares to put in the effort to buy the card and send it. An email is kind of "meh" after thought.

To close I would say at least send real cards to the young and the elderly you care about. They will prize them most. Send E-cards to friends and co-workers who aren't expecting anything at all... and that's what they get.

For the most part I agree with "Suntydt". Real cards are better, but sometimes e-mail is better than nothing.

I'm disabled and getting out to get the cards I'd like is sometimes not possible. So I do use email cards

rather than have my friends and family think I've forgotten them.

"Kaelle" 's idea about sending to self and rerouting is helpful - thank you.

Being visually impaired, email is my preferred method of contact. My supervisor and a couple of others have caught on and now send "talking ecards" from American Greetings.com. These I view and save to my Favorites to enjoy over and over. Last Christmas, rather than drag hubby in to search ecard sites for anything, I simply wrote a little note. I included links to two Christmas songs on Youtube that had touched my heart. More than one person said they appreciated the email more than a paper card, since it was personal rather than pre-packaged.

However, since I can't give ecards to my church family, I've devised my own little system for those. All hubby has to do is peel and stick business-size address labels, lol!

A good friend died a couple of years ago, on my birthday a couple of months later I lay in bed when I woke up feeling sorry that I wouldn't get a birthday card from Paula. Then I remembered my stash of cards from the last year's birthday, so I got it out. I have now started a tradition of keeping each year's cards, not forever, but until my next birthday comes around. This way I will always have the last birthday card my friends have given me. This cannot be done with e-cards.

A woman using a computer.
Sending eCards
Better Living Green Living ConservationJanuary 15, 2010
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Greeting cards with bows
Greeting Card Alternatives
Halloween treats made from bananas and oranges. The oranges look like pumpkins and the bananas look like ghosts.
Healthy Halloween Treats
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
🎉
🎄